Umm.. PTV. Definitely.
1. You don't have to worry about these tall people blocking your view
2. Light can kill the picture
3. Stuck to that thing and nothing else (I like the "Airshow", not shown very much on the big screen.. Only in between movies)
4. Quality IMO is better in a PTV.
5. Good PTVs have pausing abilities etc.
7. Head gets sore turning to the screen/have to look a long way (well depends on where you sit.. How about on the window of a 747 a couple rows back from the bulkhead?)
8. Other videos.
I would like to try SQ
's vast array of things to do on the IFE..
It's all about the destination AND the journey.