lehpron

What Are You Into Apart From This Forum?

Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:47 am

I've been reading quite a while and find a few members who are okay with knowing "that" an airplane works as opposed to "how", treating the technicalities as a passing subject. I guess I cannot blame those with virtually no interest at what could be and only pay attention to what is.

Personally, it blows my mind. But then I know not everyone, or anyone else, is here like I am, so what do you do that made you feel at home here?

Didn't have a topic name before

[Edited 2006-08-31 22:15:27]
The meaning of life is curiosity; we were put on this planet to explore opportunities.

roseflyer

RE: What Are You Into Apart From This Forum?

Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:51 am

I'm not sure what you are trying to get at in your post, but I know that I was drawn to this site since I'm interested in commercial aviation as a whole. I think I've become a bigger contributer since I started working as an engineer at an aerospace company. I spend all day at work working on parts for airplanes, and it is fun to talk about them. I also like reading trip reports. There is something special about a high quality flight. I try to contribue plenty of trip reports myself.
If you have never designed an airplane part before, let the real designers do the work!

lehpron

Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:52 am

Good, that is what I like to hear! Any one else?
The meaning of life is curiosity; we were put on this planet to explore opportunities.

La Carlota

Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:59 am

Just like Rose Flyer, I´m a big fan of commercial aviation since I was a kid. I grew up watching private planes taking off and landing all day. I thought I was some kind of strange guy until Internet was invented... and this website was created. I found that I´m not alone, and I´ve learned many many things with you guys since I´m here (now more than 5 years ago), reading your posts and cultivating my hobby like I never dreamed I could ever do!!!
Tango Tango Fox

SA707

Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:28 pm

We all have a passion for commercial aviation, its almost like having an affair with aeroplanes!! One learns something new everyday from the forums, as each individual has their own expertise to contribute. Awesome reading the forums+trip reports. Have been 25 years in aviation: Flight attendant short+longhaul (HS-748,B727, B732, A-300, B742,B743,B747SP, B744) PPL (expired!!!grr), Flt Ops Mngr for a (now banned) mercenary outfit, airline area manager for Madagascar+Cameroon, pax air-charter, air-cargo charter (B707+DC-8). Last 7yrs with a helicopter aerial filming company.

trekster

Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:21 pm

I grew up in the RAF, so was always based with my parents at RAF Stations with runways. I was used to Wessex Helos, Andovers, Chipmuks, Vulcans, fighter trainers, etc etc etc when i was growing up. A visit to Australia in 87 must of made me get into it alot more.

Now i work in the industrie, i love the fact i know what most people are talking about now. Its funny as i learn a bit more here then i do at work lol. Also the pics. AMAZING
Where does the time go???

amritpal

Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:27 am

I am a railroader, conductor to be exact. so trains i guess, or trains and planes i might say...
Lost in Translation

USairways16BWI

Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:32 am

while i like most aspects of aviation, actual airplanes is what interests me. I could go to an airport and watch planes for hours. I guess im more into the technical aspects of planes, not as much into the actual "airlines" themselves.