SA7700
Topic Author

United Int Business Class - What To Expect?

Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:17 pm

I am booked on a RTW in J-class. During this journey I will be flying on QF, United and SA. I have been in J-class on QF and SA before, so I know what to expect. While I am aware that United J-class is not exactly "on par" with SA and QF, I am still excited about my first international United flight. Apart from Channel 9, what else can expect on my flight from SYD-SFO?

Rgds

SA7700
When you are doing stuff that nobody has done before, there is no manual – Kevin McCloud (Grand Designs)

AirScoot

RE: United Int Business Class - What To Expect?

Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:26 am

Lots of UA employees. Big grin

I haven't flown them in years in F or C but their product was acceptable. I'd check out www.airlinequality.com for some customer reviews.

roseflyer

Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:11 am

You will get a comfortable, but not very sophisticated seat. It has good pitch, and is decent. There are PTVs, but no On Demand. I just flew on the upper deck of a UA 747 4 days ago and was pretty happy.

You'll get a decent meal. The food is pretty good, but not particularly stellar. People often complain about United's service, but I don't think it is too bad. You'll likely get some older flight attendants, but many of them are really good at providing effective and efficient service.

In the end, UA business is far better than Economy!
If you have never designed an airplane part before, let the real designers do the work!

fbgdavidson

Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:51 am

Not exactly your SYD-SFO but it gives you a sniff... UA Business Class: IAD-LHR-IAD (w/pics) (by Fbgdavidson Feb 22 2006 in Trip Reports)
"My first job was selling doors, door to door, that's a tough job innit" - Bill Bailey

SA7700
Topic Author

Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:12 am

Thanks for the replies, I really appreciate it.  Smile

Rgds

SA7700
When you are doing stuff that nobody has done before, there is no manual – Kevin McCloud (Grand Designs)