chewingplastic

Effectiveness On Business Class

Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:58 am

I think that business class is very uneffective.

In first class, you get the best, and in economy, you (hopefully) get satisfactory service. But isn't business sort of "we need to treat you better, but not exactly the best."

I think that's unnecessary. What do you think?

PlymSpotter

RE: Effectiveness On Business Class

Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:22 am

Not at all, first class is often not available on many flights, so it is the best that you can get. Generally these days Business class is often used as an overflow for Economy, airlines will overbook flights in economy, and if everybody turns up then they bump a few of the more frequent flyer's up into Biz class, providing there is room.

Its also a case of preferential treatment throughout the whole flying experience, from check in to landing you are given separate check in desks, a dedicated lounge with business orientated facilities and onboard you are given a much larger seat as well as an enhanced flying experience. More food of much better quality and a wider choice is what is most noticeable, normally there is at least one dedicated purser to attend solely to this section.

Airlines value the high end pax, its keeps them in business much more than a discounted economy fare does!

Dan Smile
...love is just a camouflage for what resembles rage again...

ozglobal

Sun Oct 22, 2006 1:39 pm

I need to work and above all SLEEP on long haul business trips. Try doing that in economy!! Any airline worth its salt have put in at least 'angled lie-flat' seats in J for their long haul fleet. Sleeping, being able to work effectively and arrive in goog enough shape is what you pay for. Companies seem to think its work paying for.....
When all's said and done, there'll be more said than done.

goldorak

Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:23 pm

Quoting OzGlobal (Reply 2):
I need to work and above all SLEEP on long haul business trips. Try doing that in economy!! Any airline worth its salt have put in at least 'angled lie-flat' seats in J for their long haul fleet. Sleeping, being able to work effectively and arrive in goog enough shape is what you pay for. Companies seem to think its work paying for.....

I totally agree with you OzGlobal. When you travel for business, sleep during night flights is the crucial point if you want to work effectively the following day. That's why companies pay J fares.

alaskaqantas

Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:31 pm

So your saying that its should be either first class or economy? Well obviously the airlines are making money on it other wise they would have gotten rid of business class. in fact more airlines are getting rid of First class.

Business class is nice because you get alot more then what you get in Economy. I think its a way bigger step from Economy to business class then from business class to first class. I would go into detail about the stuff business class gets you that economy doesn't but that has already been explained and I have to go catch a flight to Portland!

Hope that helps a wee bit
~Cheers-
~~Kyle H.
to some people the sky is the limit, to aviation enthusiasts, its home!

andz

Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:49 pm

Quoting ChewingPlastic (Thread starter):
But isn't business sort of "we need to treat you better, but not exactly the best."

You obviously haven't flown SAA business class, on the 346 is it fabulous, and even on the 744s that have First it is excellent.
After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF...

baguy

Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:32 am

ChewingPlastic,

One thing you have to remember is that not all of us can afford First so if we want better treatment than economy we go buisiness. (Also some airlines such as AY don't have First class)

BAguy