bwohlgemuth

Economy Plus - Best Seat Width?

Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:44 pm

OK, the wifey and I are taking a short hop across the Pacific and we're looking at various airlines including ANA, Cathay, United, etc. It's a long flight from ORD to HKG, so I want my wife to be comfortable (I'm a big guy) and want to give her room to stretch out. Business is out of our price range, so I'm thinking of buying a third econ + ticket for the transpacific hop and giving us some extra room.

I'd like to have a power port as well, but I know that's unlikely. Anyone know which airline has the better seat pitch/width and all those other toys? Or should I just buy a third econ seat and then beg for an upgrade to business?

alaskaqantas

RE: Economy Plus - Best Seat Width?

Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:54 am

G-day,
WELCOME TO A.NET!!
I would check out seatguru.com
also have a look at the trip reports of both BA and VS, that might give you some info into which seems nicer... I am Messaging you through A.net with another idea!

Out of VS and BA I would probably go with VS, as long as you wuold get the new leather seats.
~Cheers-
~~Kyle H.
to some people the sky is the limit, to aviation enthusiasts, its home!

FlyboyOz

Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:49 pm

Well, if the plane is not full, you can have three seats. You may try to ask check-in staff to block one seat in the middle of three seats so that you and your wife can sit seperately. (only left side or right side of the wall).

Hopes it helps you!
The Spirit of AustraliAN - Longreach

VHVXB

Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:01 pm

Quoting Bwohlgemuth (Thread starter):

this website should help you http://www.seatguru.com/