JetBlueGuy2006
Topic Author

Flying On Allegiant Air For... The First Time

Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:43 pm

I (with the family) will be traveling from LAN-PIE and returning SFB-LAN, and I have never flown G4. Has anyone ever flown on them before? How is the check-in procedures at SFB?

Is their Customer Service good?

I have been searching on their website and on LAN website, flylansing.com and can not find where I will eventually check-in or even what gate they use. Do they lease a gate from NW?

With 3 destinations from LAN, will they increase frequency to those destinations? Especially PIE if they find it does well through the first part of next year?

How have the loads been out of LAN?

Any info for a first-time G4 Flyer out of...anywhere will be greatly appreciated.

JetBlueGuy2006
Home Airport: Capital Region International Airport (KLAN)

stlgph

RE: Flying On Allegiant Air For... The First Time

Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:11 pm

I flew Allegiant Airlines to Las Vegas a few times. ive honestly enjoyed each flight and despite the fact they are scheduled intermittently....it seems no different than a "real" airline. the flight crews were nice and as were the people when you check in. I cannot speak for what type of ground operation they have at each airport since I have not been there. The planes were decent and looked like they were maintained, vacuumed, windexed--the whole nine yards.

Each time I have flown them, when I got to the airport they assigned me a seat when I checked in...that might be the same in your case, but no guarantees or promises.

There's a few people that work for them that lurk on here that could probably answer more of your questions, but I think overall you will be pleased once you get on board and get on your way. I had a few questions myself when I first went to fly them and tried writing their website and didn't get anybody to respond to my emails.

As you know they charge for in flight beverages and snacks.
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport

FATFlyer

Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:03 pm

Allegiant's loads out of LAN the first half of this year were good. They ran at about 85%.

The aircraft is in all-coach config with a 33 inch seat pitch, so leg room is good.

They have been using gate 9 in LAN.

I haven't used SFB but my FAT-LAS knowledge is of very good service.
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness." - Mark Twain

QXatFAT

Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:19 am

Quoting FATFlyer (Reply 2):
I haven't used SFB but my FAT-LAS knowledge is of very good service.

I would have to agree with FATFlyer. My flights from FAT-LAS have been good ones as well. You should have a good time on your first flight with them. Make sure to make a trip report as you do not see many at all for G4.
Don't Tread On Me!

JetBlueGuy2006
Topic Author

Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:28 am

Quoting QXatFAT (Reply 3):
sure to make a trip report as you do not see many at all for G4.

Sure thing
Home Airport: Capital Region International Airport (KLAN)

burnsie28

Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:31 am

I think its like $1-2 for a can of coke on Allegiant.

QXatFAT

Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:54 am

Quoting Burnsie28 (Reply 5):
I think its like $1-2 for a can of coke on Allegiant.

You are correct but when you are paying such a cheap fare for a ticket, does it really matter that your paying for a coke? If you complaine about having to put out $2 for a drink on a $39 flight, then you have a serious problem (with yourself)
Don't Tread On Me!