ksupilot

Flying American Eagle Next Week

Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:17 am

Next week (11/21) I'm flying American Eagle from CLE-LGA on an ERJ-135 First time for me, as I usually fly CO, but when searching for tickets AE was the lowest bidder.

What should I expect, I've flown on ERJ-145s and there might have been an ERJ-135 in there somewhere.

Overall I'm looking forward to it as my flight departs at 7 PM...first time taking off in the dark, it should be pretty cool. Might seem crazy that I've never had an entire night flight (I've had flight that land in the dark several times) but I usually pick flights in the morning or afternoon.

COERJ145

RE: Flying American Eagle Next Week

Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:29 am

Quoting KSUpilot (Thread starter):
What should I expect, I've flown on ERJ-145s and there might have been an ERJ-135 in there somewhere.

Expect a free drink, no free snack(Buy on Board though) like CO. Its kinda annoying especially on the 2.5hr flights, I had one of those from STL-BOS on the ERJ-135. Also, the ERJ-135 is pretty fun to ride on, better t/o preformace than the ERJ-145. It is about 5 rows shorter than the 145.

brownbat

RE: Flying American Eagle Next Week

Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:51 am

Quoting KSUpilot (Thread starter):

Overall I'm looking forward to it as my flight departs at 7 PM...first time taking off in the dark, it should be pretty cool. Might seem crazy that I've never had an entire night flight (I've had flight that land in the dark several times) but I usually pick flights in the morning or afternoon.

Night flights are much better, especially long flights. And if you fly at night I think there's an illusion where it seems like you are flying much lower than you actually are. Plus, you can see cities in the distance that you can not see during the day. Great for sight seeing the different cities in a coast to coast flight.