yowza

Canada To Nepal Within The Star Alliance

Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:17 am

It's my grandmother's 77th birthday around the 19th of this month. I'm trying to figure out a way to get from YYZ to KTM purely within the Star Alliance, to surprise her (and beef up my Aeroplan count). Anyone have any thoughts or am I going to have to resort to QR ex DOH... again.

YOWza

JRadier

RE: Canada To Nepal Within The Star Alliance

Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:28 am

From what I can see, the only Star Alliance members operating into KTM are OS and TG (http://www.tiairport.com/int_schedule.htm). OS doesn't seem to have regular flights, but TG seems to operate daily from BKK. Perhaps AC YYZ-LHR and TG LHR-BKK-KTM?
For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and ther

Britair

Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:29 am

Hi there! Why not look at through Vienna with Austrian to Kathmandu. I guess to Vienna would be a AC/LH combination.

Hope that helps!

Boeing744

Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:53 pm

Quoting JRadier (Reply 1):
From what I can see, the only Star Alliance members operating into KTM are OS and TG (http://www.tiairport.com/int_schedule.htm). OS doesn't seem to have regular flights, but TG seems to operate daily from BKK. Perhaps AC YYZ-LHR and TG LHR-BKK-KTM?

That would work, but going AC YYZ-HKG and TG HKG-BKK-KTM would be slightly faster (depending on times, of course).

Quoting Britair (Reply 2):
I guess to Vienna would be a AC/LH combination.

Or direct YYZ-VIE on OS. I will be flying that flight a couple days after, on the 24th. If you happen to end up flying that day instead, let me know!  Smile

ZBBYLW

Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:03 am

I was going to say exactly what Boeing744 said, YYZ-HKG on AC then TG HKG-BKK-KTM this should be the fastest route, although if you go via LHR then the Aeroplan miles should sky rocket, either way you will get a good amount on this trip  Wink.
Keep the shinny side up!

RAFVC10

Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:47 am

Quoting Britair (Reply 2):
Hi there! Why not look at through Vienna with Austrian to Kathmandu. I guess to Vienna would be a AC/LH combination.

OS will leave this route and many to Asian and Oceania cities from March 28, 2007.
El dia que los gilipollas vuelen, no podremos ver la luz del sol!