ca228

LAN Argentina MIA-EZE: What To Expect?

Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:00 pm

I am thinking of trying LAN Argentina from Miami - Buenos Aires. I've flown Lan Chile before between US-EZE, so I don't know if Lan Chile is different than Lan Argentina. What is the flight like? What would you get for food? Is the aircraft interior the same as Lan Chile? Do they come with PTV's or is it the main screen? How's the flight crew? Are they more friendly than Lan Chile? (I think they only have 2 763's so your opnions will pretty much tell me exactly what to expect).

MAH4546

RE: LAN Argentina MIA-EZE: What To Expect?

Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:07 pm

While LAN Argentina's two 763s are exclusively flown on LAN Argentina routes with Argentine crews, they are exactly the same as LAN Chile's aircraft.
a.

RJ_Delta

Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:14 pm

LAN Argentina uses 2 two 763, LV-BFD (ex CC-CEN) and LV-BFU (CC-CRT). Both planes are configured with old interiors, three classes, but only LAN sell Business and Economy. On Economy Class there is not PTV. In both classes you will find the same type of service of any LAN Airlines flight.

MD11junkie

Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:32 pm

Quoting RJ_Delta (Reply 2):
In both classes you will find the same type of service of any LAN Airlines flight.

Of course, fembot service!  Wink

Quoting MAH4546 (Reply 1):
they are exactly the same as LAN Chile's aircraft.

Not really. While LA 767s get upgraded, 4M's 767s are still in the old config. -BFD is a -3Q8, so it won't be upgraded anytime soon.

Nevertheless, -BFU is a -316 - so that could get him an upgrade as soon as -BFV, the third 767 for 4M arrives.

So far, their service is no different from what AR is offering. They have NOTHING to differentiate themselves other than the livery and aircraft type.

Gastón - The MD11junkie
There is no such thing as Boeing vs Airbus as the queen of the skies has three engines, winglets and the sweetest nose!

MAH4546

Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:51 pm

Thanks for the correction. I did not realize 4M's planes don't have PTVs yet. That's too bad, but I'm sure they will get them soon.

Quoting MD11junkie (Reply 3):
So far, their service is no different from what AR is offering. They have NOTHING to differentiate themselves other than the livery and aircraft type.

That and more reliable, on-time service. Not to mention participation in a better FF program, and in a few months, being a member of oneWorld.
a.

MD11junkie

Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:56 pm

Quoting MAH4546 (Reply 4):
That and more reliable, on-time service.

rotfl  Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!  Yeah sure Really, do you have an idea on how UNreliable they are down here? They get a strike a WEEK, average. (of course it's an exaggeration, but they have far more than AR/AU).

and in a few months, being a member of oneWorld.

Associate member, not full.

Gastón - The MD11junkie
There is no such thing as Boeing vs Airbus as the queen of the skies has three engines, winglets and the sweetest nose!

MAH4546

Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:19 am

Quoting MD11junkie (Reply 5):

Associate member, not full.

Affiliate member, which means that they are simply an affiliate of another airline. American Eagle, for example, is an affiliate member of oneWorld. There is no difference between affiliate and full member other than the fact that a full member is the parent of associate members (i.e. Cathay is the parent company of Dragonair; LAN is the parent of LAN Peru, etc., etc.). LAN Argentina flyers will enjoy every benefit of oneWorld that full-member airlines enjoy.

skyTeam has an associate program with reduced benefits.
a.

RJ_Delta

Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:43 am

That's too bad, but I'm sure they will get them soon

Of course, For 2008 all LAN's Boeing 763 will be reconfigurated with the new interiors. Until LAN Chile not move the third 763 to LAN Argentina, the to 763 will continue with old configuration.