Cleared2Land4

VS Or BA J To LHR

Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:17 am

Hi

I am going to london in june and i was wondering if it would be better to fly BA or VS J. I have flown VS in the past but i have never flown BA.
United Airlines... "It's Time to Fly."

sllevin

RE: VS Or BA J To LHR

Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:42 am

VS is a much nicer product. If you aren't doing it for the miles, don't hesitate, fly VS.

Steve

BA747-436

Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:41 pm

Agree, make sure you get on the 744 though. The bar area is much nicer and the seating layout in J is more comfortable. You wont be disappointed.
Dan Valentine - Bad Ass MOFO Photographer

ChiGB1973

Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:55 pm

Why not UA?

Your profile.

"It's Time to Fly."

I prefer UA, have the most miles with them. I have never flown VS, so I can't compare, but have always had great experiences on BA.

M

Cleared2Land4

Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:44 pm

I prefer UA over any US carrier but VS and BA have better J products when flying to LHR
United Airlines... "It's Time to Fly."

nzrich

Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:19 pm

What about Air NZ from LAX ..
You get great service seats entertaiment and up front you have the VS business class seats and the top business class wine selections .. And also you get your UA points also when flying NZ
"Pride of the pacific"

UAL777UK

Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:44 pm

VS without any doubt, I find the seats in J on BA too tight.

Happy flying

Sketty222

Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:49 pm

If your flying in June all of BA's 747's should have the New Club World cabin which would be a bonus and I believe may possibly be better than VS

Lee
There's flying and then there's flying

ozvirginuk

Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:34 pm

Quoting Sketty222 (Reply 7):
If your flying in June all of BA's 747's should have the New Club World cabin which would be a bonus and I believe may possibly be better than VS

I can assure you that the "new" club world is still not better than he Upper Class Suite. I tried it out this week at the Business Travel show in London, and even for the 5 minutes I was sitting/layong in it, it didn't compare to VS Upper... Go VS!!

Sketty222

Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:34 pm

Quoting Ozvirginuk (Reply 8):
I can assure you that the "new" club world is still not better than he Upper Class Suite. I tried it out this week at the Business Travel show in London, and even for the 5 minutes I was sitting/layong in it, it didn't compare to VS Upper... Go VS!!

I appreciate what your saying but each to their own. I bet there are people out there who will prefer BA Club World to VS Upper Class.
Why did you prefer Upper Class if you dont mind me asking?

Lee

ozvirginuk

Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:25 am

Quoting Sketty222 (Reply 9):
Why did you prefer Upper Class if you dont mind me asking?

The service in Upper Class is far more what I would expect for my money. Never will you see a trolley pushed down the aisle, everything is hand delivered. The food is fare superior, and the actual seat and bed, are much more comfortable. Much wider and more spacious. The BA club world experience was a disappointing one for me. The bed was uncomfortable, and very very narrow, the service from a trolley rather than being personal.

Of course to top off the whole experience in Upper Class, the on board beauty therapist is a wonderful way to help relax, and the LHR clubhouse, the most impressive lounge in the world....

Just my opinion of course.

planemad

Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:13 am

I will have to concur with everyone. VS all the way!

Sam D Big grin

FCAFLYBOY

Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:00 am

Me too - Virgin It!!!

Sketty222

Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:14 am

Quoting Ozvirginuk (Reply 10):
The service in Upper Class is far more what I would expect for my money. Never will you see a trolley pushed down the aisle, everything is hand delivered. The food is fare superior, and the actual seat and bed, are much more comfortable. Much wider and more spacious. The BA club world experience was a disappointing one for me. The bed was uncomfortable, and very very narrow, the service from a trolley rather than being personal.

Of course to top off the whole experience in Upper Class, the on board beauty therapist is a wonderful way to help relax, and the LHR clubhouse, the most impressive lounge in the world....

Just my opinion of course.

Thanks for your insight/opinion. I will have to try it one day and then I can make my own mind up.
I hope Im not treated as a traitor at work if I prefer VS UC....  Smile  Smile  Smile

fbgdavidson

Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:26 am

Quoting Ozvirginuk (Reply 10):
The bed was uncomfortable, and very very narrow, the service from a trolley rather than being personal.

FWIW I've only ever seen drinks served from the cart in Club World, and that isn't all that often, mostly on upper deck.

One of the things I noted in my trip report when I flew the new version of Club World was that it wasn't a big enough step to encourage the VS loyal flyers over to BA. I do find the new seat to better all round but not a big enough leap forward...

Personally I'd fly BA over VS, then again each to their own. Both are decent products, I just prefer the BA way of doing things. My parents flew VS in Upper Class last year and said one of the FAs continuously referred to my father as 'mate'  Wow! They'd flown with the airline before and had an overall good experience and offer some excellent services that BA don't such as the limousine service and the excellent lounge at LHR. Flying together they prefer the BA seating (in both First and Club World) as there are seats that are good for couples whereas the same couldn't be said for Virgin. Very much a horses for courses affair.
"My first job was selling doors, door to door, that's a tough job innit" - Bill Bailey