CaliAtenza

Thinking Of Flying CX To LAX--what Should I Expect

Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:46 pm

since cathay doesnt fly to BLR..i would have to fly to singapore to catch the CX flight. I have never flown CX before but how is economy for the long hauls? seating? food? entertainment? and just how is the overall experience? Just wanted to try something different for a change. Oh and can i earn krisflyer miles on Cathay?

-Cheers!

Caliatenza

lahaina

RE: Thinking Of Flying CX To LAX--what Should I Ex

Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:50 pm

Service is at least on PAR with QF and SQ, if not a notch better. Food is excellent. Seats are comfortable. AVOD will keep you occupied. Cabin crews are very attentive to your needs and behave with the upmost professionalism. I would fly them without any hesitations. The service beats any US carriers.

ei a330-200

Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:05 pm

Pretty sure you can't earn KrisMiles on CX. SQ is a member of *A and CX is OneWorld. I could be wrong, but I wouldn't count on earning miles.

Brian

CXfirst

Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:13 pm

Quoting Caliatenza (Thread starter):
can i earn krisflyer miles on Cathay?

No, unless they are codesharing on that route, but I'm positive that they are not...

If I was you, I would fly the direct SQ route SIN-LAX, nothing beats a 2-3-2 configuration on a A340-500, but then again, prices are probably sky high.

-CXfirst

Norcal773

Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:23 pm

Quoting Caliatenza (Thread starter):
Oh and can i earn krisflyer miles on Cathay?

Nope. Won't happen between a *A carrier and a Oneworld carrier.

A little out of topic but how is JL's business class compared to the big dawgs i.e. SQ and CX?
If you're going through hell, keep going

CaliAtenza

Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:57 am

Hey guys thanx for all the help. Ive decided to stick with mh for the near future as the cx routing had a couple of bad connections on the return leg and was more expensive overall. Also SQ is charging rediculous prices for their economy class product!  Sad. Maybe i will fly cx if connections improve