Tolosy
Topic Author

LCY : Your Opinion?

Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:46 am

As I leave in LUX, whenever I have to fly to London (Luxair or VLM), I have to get there through LCY.

At first I was always slighly disapointed as I prefer LHR for its wide choice of airliners, different A/C , well you did understand me... it's the place for spoters.

However, I think it's a great airport, so close to city centre ( new Dockland Light Railway extension), easiness of check-in (10 minutes), and wherever you go outside London, the airport is linked to London main stations in no time...

what do you think of LCY???

If you were given the choice would you prefer LCY over LHR or Gatwick??

BMED

RE: LCY : Your Opinion?

Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:49 am

I always end up booking into LHR as I find it easier to reach the south coast, straight onto a coach but each time I always look at booking into LCY but decide in the end not too, normally its the cost althought there are cheap flights I guess at times.

Most people seem to say its nicer than the other London airports.
Living the jetset life! No better way to be

AlitaliaMD11

Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:57 am

I flew into LCY once back in October of 2004 on CityJet from CDG. My entire routing was MAD-ORY-LCY-CDG-MAD.

Whenever I have visited London in the past I always flew into LHR but LCY was the cheapest fare. I found it very helpful to have the airport located so close to the city center and I was able to reach where I was staying within 50 minutes after my touchdown at LCY.

In terms of spotting I ended up visiting LHR for that purpose during the trip.  Wink
No Vueling No Party

Chiguire

Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:04 am

I love LCY due to its perfect location close to Excel convention center and the center of the city. But I it is very crowded at immigration. Waiting in a line 30 minutes makes me lose the advantage.
And it is much too crowded in the evening. There is even no place to sit down ! This is really an airport for business junkies !

LHRBlueSkies

Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:08 am

It all depends on why you are flying to London. LCY is a great city-business airport, but that's it, and if you don't like steep descents/ascents - forget it!

LHR is best for spotting - or so I'm told!
flying is the safest form of transport - until humans get involved!