swiftski

Milan [and Bergamo] On Tuesday - What To Do?

Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:33 am

Hi All,

I am in Milan for the day on Tuesday. What I was going to do there has been cancelled but I shall travel anyway.

I am on FR4184, getting into Bergamo at 1115, then departing on FR4197 at 2205.

I know that I can't online check in from Italy to UK so I will have to be at Bergamo on the way back about an hour to 1h 20 before departing. I also know that it is quite a way into the centre.

Can anyone fill me in on what to do for the day? I will have my camera, if that helps. I've not been to Milan since I was 15ish.

TIA,

Matt

RAFVC10

RE: Milan [and Bergamo] On Tuesday - What To Do?

Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:23 pm

I recommend you to visit the Citta Alta. You can arrive by bus from the airport and visit the Palazzo della Raggione, Basilica di Santa Maria Maggiore or the Capella Colleoni.

And if you have time, I recommend you a restaurant in the Citta Bassa (near the Mercure Hotel and the Train Station):

LA CIOTOLA

Viale Papa Giovanni XXIII, 86

Telf. 00.39.035.238.334

Ask for the typical dish of the city: Casoncelli al Ragú e Funghi.

I'm awaiting your comments about the restaurant.

Have a nice stay.

Gerard
El dia que los gilipollas vuelen, no podremos ver la luz del sol!

ACDC8

RE: Milan [and Bergamo] On Tuesday - What To Do?

Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:13 am

You have lot's of time to hop on the bus and take a trip downtown. The shuttle from the airport arrives at the train station but most of the sights are within easy walking distance from there.

Also, I would leave downtown a little bit earlier and take the bus back to the airport, once there, head over to the Orio Center which is a large shopping mall across the road from the airport. Great place to go shopping.
A Grumpy German Is A Sauerkraut