BA84
Topic Author

What Are My Choices CDG-MUC?

Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:37 am

Hi,

I have a ticket on AC to CDG in May. I would like to continue to Munich.
Besides LH and AF, are there any other airlines between the two?
Innsbruck would be OK, too, as I'm going to the South Tyrol.

BA84

MHG

RE: What Are My Choices CDG-MUC?

Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:01 am

Well... no choice if you insist on MUC as destination airport...

But from Paris you can fly on www.airberlin.com to Nuremberg and continue by train to Munich (1h by ICE - i would expect it to cost about 30-40,-EUR plus remember that MUC-airport is far away from the city and cost you around 12-13,-EUR by local train to go downtown)
In Nuremberg the airport has it´s own underground stop and the underground takes you in 15 mins to the central railway station. From there you have a great choice of all sorts of trains (local/express) going to Munich. Just check the flighttimes to NUE - maybe AB has only a late evening flight and you´d have to stay overnight at NUE... At least you´re in Bavaria already  Wink

The other solution might be flying on www.tuifly.com from Paris-Orly to Stuttgart (STR) but this requires you to change airports at Paris which is a rather expensive experience.
On the other hand TUIfly has actually very often low fares e.g.: 19,99EUR ow incl. tax.
In the end you´ll pay the same because Stuttgart is a bit more distant to Munich than Nuremberg and the higher trainfare equals the lower airfare.

If you decide to rent a car upon arrival you´ll be always on the safe side anyway...

In case you need more (detailed) info i´ll be happy to help out and inquire where neccessary.
I miss the sound of rolls royce darts and speys

HT

RE: What Are My Choices CDG-MUC?

Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:06 am

Quoting BA84 (Thread starter):
I would like to continue to Munich.

Would that be a one-way or return ticket ?

AB (DI) flies ORY - MUC, but timings might not be too good for connections from an AC flight into CDG (plus the hassle of connecting CDG to ORY).

some more sources:
www.amadeus.net
www.whichbudget.com

Some good deals on oneway tickets can also be found on SK, but prices vary per broker.
-HT
Carpe diem ! Life is too short to waste your time ! Keep in mind, that today is the first day of the rest of your life !