TruemanQLD
Topic Author

How Could Different Airlines Liveries Be Changed?

Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:00 pm

Personally I hate the : Singapore Airlines, Virgin Blue, ANA and Eva Air Liveries
I love the: Thai Airways, QANTAS, JAL, British Airways and Air Canada Liveries.

How could different airlines liveries be changed to make them nicer?

hoppe777

RE: How Could Different Airlines Liveries Be Chang

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:10 am

Well i guess its a matter of opinion as to who likes & hates what. I prefer the old BA livery to the new one for eg, but i can bet you thousands will condemn my comments, haha. I think all the time that some airlines just have to change their Livery because they look horrible.
Probably the reason why they dont change , "COST" everything from the aircraft to the stationary would have to be changed and as you can imagine that wouldnt be cheap ! Im sure there are other reasons why they do and dont want to change. Maybe someone else can shed some light on that.

welcome to Airliners.net
Hoppe777
Sometime in easter 10 .... yet to book :)

NW727251ADV

Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:06 am

Quoting TruemanQLD (Thread starter):
Personally I hate the : Singapore Airlines, Virgin Blue, ANA and Eva Air Liveries

Funny because I think most people would agree those are some of the nicest liveries out there (with the except of Virgin Blue).

I love the: Thai Airways, QANTAS, JAL

A lot would argue that these airline have a rather boring, Euro-White color scheme.
NWA   N O R T H W E S T A I R L I N E S

shamrock350

Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:32 am

Personally I hate the : Singapore Airlines

I dont hate Singapore Airlines livery but I am not a fan of it! When a livery like that has been around for so long it tends to become loved and respected. If SQ changed their livery I doubt it would be liked and probably hated because the iconic livery is gone. I dont think you can do much with SQ's livery that would make it any "better" in the eyes of the public and many of us aviation enthusiasts. Any big changes would damage an image that SQ has built up over all those years that they have had that livery, small changes however like SQ make every now and again do look good and improve the livery but it's sometime barely noticeable.

ANITIX87

Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:40 am

Singapore Airlines

WHAT!?!?!??!?

Thai Airways

It only looks good on the shorter aircraft (345, 772). On the 773 or 744 it looks too white. They should also paint the engines in the same royal purple, and make the titles bigger.

QANTAS

Only on the A330's and the wingletted 737's. The other planes don't look elegant enough to have that much white.

Air Canada

Only the tail is nice. With a hybrid white fuselage, they look ok.

Remember though, these are only my opinions.

My favorite liveries are Etihad, SQ, LX, SA)">UA, OA, KL, SA, QR, and Vietnam Airlines.

TIS
www.stellaryear.com: Canon EOS 50D, Canon EOS 5DMkII, Sigma 50mm 1.4, Canon 24-70 2.8L II, Canon 100mm 2.8L, Canon 100-4

wdair310

Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:50 am

I love AC Jazz livery! It makes those CRJ pop!

The current DL and BA schemes are nice too! And AA is classic and will likely stay the same forever!

I would like to see ZOOM do something, anything with their livery. Southwest needs help, it is too complicated and choppy and I think would benifit from a good toning down! The new NWA livery is growing on me, I did love their red tails of days past though. KAL is just gross, and I am not a fan of Air Tran either.

My 2 cents worth!
flown on..DC9, DC10, MD 11, MD80's, A319, A320, A330, L1011, B727, B737, B747, B757, B767, B777,CRJ,E70 gear up?

Continental123

Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:12 pm

Personally, I extremely dislike KLM and Malaysia. My favorites are CO and TG.

ACDC8

Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:58 pm

It would be nice if LH would just extend the blue on their tail down the fuselage a bit, kind of like QF does.
A Grumpy German Is A Sauerkraut

hoppe777

Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:38 pm

http://www.airliners.net/open.file?i...5&sok=&photo_nr=&prev_id=&next_id=

have a look at the link above and tell me what you think of this for an SQ Livery !

I think this one is great.

Hoppe777
Sometime in easter 10 .... yet to book :)