767-332ER
Topic Author

Survey For Europe-US Hub For Connections

Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:20 am

I wanted to post a small and simple survey. The survey is to determine which airport of the given list is preferred in order to make a connection from an inbound European flight to a U.S. west coast-bound flight.

Please, let's not get too technical with this (i.e. saying that your only two possible choices from Europe to Charlotte are FRA and LGW, etc...). I just want to see which airports are preferred for ease of connection by our a.net members.

When looking at these airports, please take into account the following:

-Ease in connecting
-Friendly layout
-Delay impacts
-Choice for restaurants and shops

Okay, here's the list:

Atlanta (ATL)
Charlotte (CLT)
Chicago (ORD)
Miami (MIA)
New York-Newark (EWR)
New York-Kennedy (JFK)
Philadelphia (PHL)

Results will be posted by Sunday, March 4th.

Enjoy!
Twinjets...if one fails, work the other one twice as hard!!!

B742

RE: Survey For Europe-US Hub For Connections

Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:43 am

I would vote for Newark (EWR). I have connected several times from Europe to other destinations in the USA on Contintal Airlines at Termin C. The only drawback with EWR is the amount of delays that can be experianced.

Rob!  wave 

burnsie28

Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:37 am

Why did you leave out Memphis, Minneapolis, Detroit, Denver, and Dallas/Ft. Worth, all are major hubs with connections.

AirCop

Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:46 am

Quoting Burnsie28 (Reply 2):
Why did you leave out Memphis, Minneapolis, Detroit, Denver, and Dallas/Ft. Worth, all are major hubs with connections.

Or the west coast for those living on the Pacific side of the country. But cutting to the chase, I prefer San Francisco new international terminal, prefer non-stops or connecting in Europe rather than getting up at o'dark thirty to make a flight going to an east coast city.