gffgold

BA Jetstream41 Ex NCL?

Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:01 pm

Can't get the BA website to function on my primitive dial-up. I'm visiting the UK in June-July this year and fancy a run on one of BA's Jetstreams out of NCL. Does anyone know if the NCL-SOU route is still alive? Any chance of a Jetstream on that route? Thanx guys.

diesel1

RE: BA Jetstream41 Ex NCL?

Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:50 pm

BA no longer operate J41s.

Most (if not all?) of the BA fleet made their way to Eastern AW.

Their timetable indicates they operate them to a number of destinations from NCL (including SOU)

http://www.easternairways.com/
I don't like signatures...

Sketty222

Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:04 pm

BA stopped using their jetstreams out of NCL about 3 years ago. They basically sold the routes and aircraft to T3 (Eastern Airlines) so these are probably our best bet if you want to travel on a jetstream out of NCL. I dont know how many aircraft they have based here anymore either so its probably best to check first of all.

I wish BA still flew the regional routes out of NCL as the only places I can fly on them to is LGW or LHR and the LGW route is stopping as of 24 March

Lee
There's flying and then there's flying

gffgold

Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:46 am

Thanks guys! Shows how out of touch I am with the situation at NCL. (Also explains why I couldn't find info on BA website  Angry )

Surprised to hear the LGW service is going too as that used to be a busy route as I remember. I used it a few times between 1998-2002 and the flights were invariably full, even when operated with 100 seat ARJ aircraft.

I'll give T3 a shot as it looks like my best option for a Jetstream out of NCL.