Topic Author

United In Tampa?

Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:49 am

This is my very first post and first time as a First Class Member of!
I am 13 years old, and live in Westchase, a suburb close by TPA.
Anyways, I was just wondering, ever since United has introduced TED to their company, why United never comes to TPA anymore. I am also curious about this: One night I was flying home from PHL-TPA, on Southwest Airlines, Boeing 733, I was looking out of the window, and saw a United Airlines, Airbus A319. It was parked at the hard-stand next to the Southwest and Airtran/JetBlue gates. It was wearing the old mainline colors...was this a rare mainline flight...or just a sub aircraft for TED?
Thanx for your help,

RE: United In Tampa?

Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:48 am

Hi there! Welcome to! Since TED started up a few years back, it IS rare to see UA mainline in TPA anymore. However, occasionally you do get a United mainline jet now and again. Usually it is a sub for a TED aircraft but occasionally, UA might get a charter op into TPA. I remember the days when E had UA 757s, 737s, A320s and A319s. I saw a UA A320 new colors at TPA a few weeks back. Probably a sub.

RE: United In Tampa?

Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:10 pm

Hey man!

Thats funny you live in Westchase, I went to Davidson and I'm about to graduate from Alonso. But anyway, yeah when Ted moved in they kicked United mainline out. I've seen like 3 mainline jets in the past two years. That and everything Justin said above is dead on.

I would love to fly a cargo plane full of rubber dog shit out of Hong Kong!