Emirates029
Topic Author

Which Regional Aviation News Doesn't Interest You?

Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:54 am

Just going through the forum and I've noticed that whenever new threads come up, I rarely look at the ones that deal with domestic US aviation. It doesn't interest me at all. Similarly, I seem to skip past Chinese, Indian and East European (i.e. Poland, Bulgarian, etc) aviation threads.
The ones that I do read are UK, European, African, Middle Eastern (especially EK and QR), some Australian and NZ and a few Far East threads.
Anyone the same, or are you a forum whore that likes to read the whole lot?  Wink

MHG

RE: Which Regional Aviation News Doesn't Interest

Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:07 am

Well, U.S. regional aviation topics are not so interesting (haven´t been in the States anyway so it´s hard to understand what´s going on there - total lack of background info) but i still have a look sometimes.

I am much more into SE Asia topics (primarily Malaysia/Singapore/HKG) and the Philippines in particular but of course also european regional news/topics.
U.K. and Ireland topics are less interesting for me than european continental topics.
I miss the sound of rolls royce darts and speys

ac747

Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:36 am

Ireland/ UK / All Europe primarily.
Then Canada.
That's about it really.
I don't have enough knowledge of the daily workings of the intra-Asian airline markets or South America.
The US market is so large that I mostly read the posts about TransAtlantic flights.
Haven't we been here before ?

LHRBFSTrident

Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:51 pm

Quoting MHG (Reply 1):
U.S. regional aviation topics are not so interesting (haven´t been in the States anyway so it´s hard to understand what´s going on there - total lack of background info) but i still have a look sometimes.

I agree with this - and I live in Los Angeles! Funny how when I grew up in the UK and BA started code-sharing with United, then USAir and all these exotic-sounding destinations started appearing in the timetables like; Akron/Canton or Midland/Odessa, they seemed like they must have each been a really important metropolis - then when you finally get there, they are hick towns with not much happening - it's such a let down! So I don't read a domestic US thread unless it involves Southern California, NYC or transatlantic news...

The threads I really get into are the MAN, BHX(a rarity!), Irish, Scottish and European ones. I always read the Aus/NZ threads - and recently have picked up interest in the Middle East ones too. I guess wherever the action is: like LCCs in Europe, the Gulf carriers' rapid expansion etc

not so much where the market is kind of slow to develop (SAmerica, Africa etc)

...but then i might still be classified as a forum whore, because no matter how hard I try, I can't help myself from clicking in the 10,000th 'when will AF wash its planes' thread...

give me strength!

andaman

Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:51 am

Rather similar here....

Domestic US, S American and African aviation less interesting.
Interested in European (especially north), Asian, everything intercontinental. And airport pics and cabin views work always.
Chinese cookie in SFO: "You're doomed to a life of forever travelling abroad and to be able to afford it!"