mrniji

Upgrade Y To C On SQ25 19th May

Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:22 am

Hey, I am interested in lashing out 35,000 miles from my LH M&M program for an upgrade on SQ25 JFK-FRA on 19th of May. M&M says at present there are no C Class seats for upgrade available, but it could open up.

Does anyone have access and can verify how the situation overall is? In which class would I be upgraded (certainly not J/C, eh, but some other booking class)..

I assume seats might be available, but guess that only a few are for airline partner upgrades?

How are the general loads? Maybe a chance for a free upgrade of Eco is full, as I am booked on Y and not Q or any other sub-category? Big grin

Thanks!!!
"The earth provides enough resources for everyone's need, but not for some people's greed." (Gandhi)

ag92

RE: Upgrade Y To C On SQ25 19th May

Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:06 pm

For the loads of the flights, recently I have been hearing that the loads for the flights are not very good.
Chances for an operational upgrade are really slim unless you are part of the PPS or Solitaire PPS
Even if you are star gold, SQ doesn't seem to value them. They only really care about Solitaire PPS and PPS

Regards
Hope I Helped
Ag92  Smile

BlueShamu330s

Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:41 am

Dunno about Y, but J is full upstairs with 7 seats left downstairs. F is wide open.

Shamu
So I drive a 4x4. So what?! Tax the a$$ off me for it...oh, you already have... :-(

mrniji

Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:28 am

Guys, I owe you my thank you for checking..! That kinda sucks, you can hardly upgrade with LH m&M  Sad

Interesting that the flights are doing bad, they operate for ages, and FRA-NYC does only has LH (lots of nonstops to JFK and EWR) and DL nonstop, apart from SQ.

May I dummy ask, what PPS is?  Wink
"The earth provides enough resources for everyone's need, but not for some people's greed." (Gandhi)

EI787

Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:12 am

zrs70

Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:39 am

The original poster is in full Y, and the chances look slim. I would consider switching over to LH, as the miles will have more pull over there.
17 year airliners.net vet! 2000-2016

ag92

Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:31 am

Quoting Mrniji (Reply 3):
May I dummy ask, what PPS is?

Its a program exclusively for business and first class passengers on SQ. Standard PPS member has many more benefits than the star gold member, you get to check-in and relax at the business class counters, you have access to the virgin clubhouse, and many other rewards.

Solitaire PPS/ Life PPS are PPS members who travel (250,000???) miles on SQ or MI in business and first in one calendar year. They receive first class treatment everywhere

Regards
Ag92  Smile