TrijetsRMissed
Topic Author

Is 30 Min Enough Time To Connect At SLC?

Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:14 pm

Hey everyone,

I am about to schedule some flights on DL, ORD-BIL. On the return trip my layover at SLC is only 30 minutes. Is this enough time to make the connecting flight? I am not familiar with the DL terminal at SLC, and I obviously don't want to miss my connecting flight and be stuck. The gate information has yet to be determined. Are Skywest flights usually on time? Any information would be greatly appreciated.
There's nothing quite like a trijet.

CaptainJon

RE: Is 30 Min Enough Time To Connect At SLC?

Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:37 pm

I've never taken a connecting flight before, but usually it takes me thirty minutes just to get off the plane!

alaskaqantas

Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:00 pm

I would get a seat as close to the front of the plane as possible on your flight into SLC, but where ever you sit it should be fine.

I flew through there a few weeks ago in F with DL, wasn't really impressed with their service, but they held the plane in SLC for about 30 minutes when a flight was late coming in. So 30 minutes should be fine and they will hold the flight most likely if your inbound flight is only a wee bit late.

I am hoping to find the time to write a Trip Report for my flights with DL ANC-SJO-ANC in F. The main dissapointment was no adjustable headrests AND no pillows... when your paying over $1850 for a ticket you would expect to be able to have more then a pleather covered wooden seat to be able to sleep on. (or so it felt like)
but that is for another forum, another thread.
~Cheers-
~~Kyle H.
to some people the sky is the limit, to aviation enthusiasts, its home!

Evan767

Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:26 am

Hello, might I suggest www.flyertalk.com ? You will get a more specific answer there in the Delta forum. Just find the Delta Skymiles forum and there will be plenty of frequent flyers to help you out!

But anyway:

Your flight from Billings will arrive in the Delta Connection councourse, concourse E. Your mainline flight to ORD will depart out of either C or D concourse. If all flights are on time, you will make it with about 15 minutes to spare until scheduled departure time (though they will likely be boarding zone 9 by the time you get there). Getting from E to D is not a long walk, you simply go up the escalators at E, take a right, walk about 100 yards, and you will be at D concourse. To get from E to C, follow directions to D concourse, then continue on. There will be moving sidewalks from D to C, so that will help you greatly. I think you will make it if all flights are on time. Good luck!
The proper term is "on final" not "on finals" bud...

TrijetsRMissed
Topic Author

Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:24 am

Thanks a ton Evan and Kyle! I've booked the flights and the layover time has been extended to 36 minutes, which should help a little. I was able to get a 4th row seat on the CRJ, so I should get off the plane pretty quickly and make it to the MD-90 in time. On my trip out to BIL I have a 2.5 hour layover, is there much to do at SLC? Good restaurants or place with a nice view in the DL terminal possibly? Once again, I appreciate all the advice.

Best Regards,
Greg

Evan767

Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:36 am

Quoting TrijetsRMissed (Reply 4):
On my trip out to BIL I have a 2.5 hour layover, is there much to do at SLC? Good restaurants or place with a nice view in the DL terminal possibly?

There are various places in between concourses in the corridors. http://www.slcairport.com/13.asp . The Terrace Restaurant and Lounge, overlooks an active taxiway (maybe a runway? I don't remember). So you can watch planes go by. The restaurant is upstairs. http://www.slcairport.com/155.asp
The proper term is "on final" not "on finals" bud...

TrijetsRMissed
Topic Author

Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:38 pm

Quoting Evan767 (Reply 5):
There are various places in between concourses in the corridors.

Nice, this will definitely help pass the time. I think I'll check that restaurant out, thanks!