dimoko

Spotting At IAH

Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:19 pm

I dont know if this should go here or in the photography section, but due to a business meeting in houston being cancelled, i will have a full day with nothing to do. Does anyone know where to do some good spotting there? i should have plenty of time from airside and landside, as i will be arriving from san antonio on 5/7 and departing 5/8.

any tips would be appreciated.
"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." -- Douglas Adams

IAHFLYR

RE: Spotting At IAH

Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:34 pm

A great spot for spotting if the airport is landing west...Lee Rd. There is a tiny parking lot on the left of the road just south of Will Clayton Pkwy eastbound lane, about a mile east of the airport entrance/exit. The parking lot is directly under the final about 1/4 mile from the threshold if that far......but that is only if landing west and using Runway 27.

Otherwise, on the top of the Terminal C parking garage but not sure they airport security folks like that idea too much. There are IAH spotters on this site who will most likely be able to offer suggestions....my viewing area you might have a problem getting to!  Smile

Good luck.
Any views shared are strictly my own and do not a represent those of any former employer.