ContinentalEWR
Topic Author

US A320 - Transcon

Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:15 am

I will be travelling to Las Vegas from NY on US Airways this coming week, on an A320. I usually avoid US as I think it is a pretty lousy airline, and have not flown them in years. What can I expect on a transcon with them?

MCOflyer

RE: US A320 - Transcon

Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:19 am

BOB or buy on board. You will probably get 2-3 cans of soda. Movies will be shown. See Usairways.com for info on this. I would try to get an Exit row.

MCOflyer
Never be afraid to stand up for who you are.

ContinentalEWR
Topic Author

Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:20 am

Thanks. It looks like my flight is routinely late, operating on time 30% of the time, according to Expedia. Should be a miserable experience.

treebeard787

Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:30 am

Quoting ContinentalEWR (Reply 2):

Well your certainly optimistic about your flight arn't you. I recently flew on a US East plane from LAX and I really enjoyed the flight, I though the seats were much more comfortable then the seats on HP. In my eyes US isn't any better or any worse then most of the other US airlines, They all have their good and bad points.
Allons-y!

Falcon Flyer

Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:36 am

Not quite sure I understand the purpose of the thread. If the booking was out of your hands, so be it. All a coach ticket entitles you to is air transportation from point A to point B with some snacks and drinks. First gets you little more with maybe a more comfortable seat. This is what air travel has become, there are no expectations. If it's just to be critical of an airline, exercise your right to choose. There are plenty of options when flying coast to coast.
My definition of cool ? Not trying so hard to be cool.

HPRamper

Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:39 am

Quoting ContinentalEWR (Reply 2):
Thanks. It looks like my flight is routinely late, operating on time 30% of the time, according to Expedia.

Flights leaving anywhere from NYC should be expected to depart late as a general rule anyway due to the congestion at all three major airports. I'm not sure how Expedia calculates "on-time" but at least for my airline, a departure is considered "late" even if brakes are released a bare minute past schedule. Personally, I don't worry about one of my flights being late unless it gets up to around the 30 minute point. If you are worried about a flight being 15 minutes late, learn to book a longer connection.

deltairlines

Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:44 am

Pretty sure the West A320s do not have Empower, so now inflight power if you're on one of those birds. I've also heard really bad things about the F cabin on Reconfigured East birds (12F now) - I guess there's no closet space and the overheads above Row 1 are full of electronic stuff, so no place to put items.

reality

Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:10 am

Quoting Treebeard787 (Reply 3):
I recently flew on a US East plane from LAX and I really enjoyed the flight, I though the seats were much more comfortable then the seats on HP. In my eyes US isn't any better or any worse then most of the other US airlines, They all have their good and bad points.

I agree--have had very good experiences with US from SFO > PHL on the A321 in both Business and Coach. Very comfortable, newish, well maintained plane and excellent service--well at least up to the service level that any U.S. airline offers.