rogerbcn

CO/DL BCN-US

Thu May 24, 2007 2:10 am

Hola!

In the past weeks/months there has been a lo of talk about intercontinental flights from BCN, which, by th way, are not that many for such a heavy industrial/commercial/tourist area as it is the Mediterranean West. This has added a lot of talk as well with the opening of the new South Terminal and which companies should use it.

I wonder how are loads on CO/DL to US. Some days ago I read that DL will start a service with a bigger a/c, a 767, I think; and I heard as well that the CO route is quite profitable. Just wonder if someone could provide some more information.

I know that the route to SIN with the new SQ777 is doing very well as they are using such a comfortable plane.

Gràcies!
"At reise er at leve" H.C. Andersen (Travelling is Living)

pizzaandplanes

RE: CO/DL BCN-US

Thu May 24, 2007 8:20 am

I know that the weekends are big for the American airlines because of the Barcelona cruise port. Many American cruise ships leave from Barcelona and bring in a lot of tourists.
A real man lands where he wants to

TYCOON

Thu May 24, 2007 5:25 pm

I flew BCN - EWR in August of last year with Continental in BusinessFirst. The flight was full in both economy and business first. They operated a Boeing 757, which turned out to be quite comfortable.

PGNCS

Sun May 27, 2007 2:29 am

Quoting Rogerbcn (Thread starter):
I wonder how are loads on CO/DL to US. Some days ago I read that DL will start a service with a bigger a/c, a 767, I think; and I heard as well that the CO route is quite profitable. Just wonder if someone could provide some more information.

DL 114/115 serves ATL-BCN. It is a 767-400 with the Business Elite interior (yes it has all the new IFE bells and whistles). The loads are good or DL wouldn't be putting one of their scarce -400's on it.