Alitalia777
Topic Author

Please Help Me Book A Flexible Flight!

Mon May 28, 2007 12:28 am

Hey everyone,
I've recently been making posts about when the best time to book fares around the Christmas holidays is and what websites to go about doing it at. Well I've run into some language barries and was hoping that I could get some of your expertise to help me out. I'm looking to fly from STR-NYC (pref. JFK) on Decemeber 21 and return January 5. The reason I don't book now through a site like Orbitz, which is quoting a fare of $672 on Emirates is that I want to purchase a flexible ticket--one where I can change the dates with little-to-no fee. Orbitz and other sites have fees of 100 Euro and then a $30 fee to be paid to orbitz, for example. I've looked at sites such as STAtravel.de, but they don't seem to show me flexible fares, but instead those that come with the same fees. I am a student, and I know sites like STAtravel offer "Blue" fares which are flexible, but I just can't seem to find them. If I can't find anything now, I'll be forced to wait until I know my exact dates, which will probably be around October or so, and I'm just worried that fares could be much higher then. So if any of you can run some searches, and figure out the details on some of those German websites, it would be greatly appreciated!!

-Alitalia777

p.s. The reason I look at Emirates is because I earn miles with them with my United Mileage Plus account.

Venezuela747

RE: Please Help Me Book A Flexible Flight!

Mon May 28, 2007 2:11 am

How bout going directly to the Emirates website and booking a fully refundable Economy ticket. How bout flying LH/UA that will also earn you miles
ROLL TIDE!!!

Alitalia777
Topic Author

Mon May 28, 2007 3:03 am

I don't want to pay for a full-fare ticket that would allow for changes. A student fare that allows changes would be great, though. Buying a full-fare ticket defeats the purpose of buying a ticket now as opposed to several months from now when I know my exact travel dates.

PGNCS

Mon May 28, 2007 6:04 am

Quoting Alitalia777 (Reply 2):
I don't want to pay for a full-fare ticket that would allow for changes. A student fare that allows changes would be great, though. Buying a full-fare ticket defeats the purpose of buying a ticket now as opposed to several months from now when I know my exact travel dates.

We would all like to pay the least and have the most flexibility, but it doesn't work that way. Either the flexibility or the fare is more important to you; you be the judge.

Alitalia777
Topic Author

Mon May 28, 2007 12:11 pm

PGNCS,
This is why I'm look at student fares, such as STA Travel's "Blue" fares which are highly flexible and come at a discounted price. Indeed there is a fee incurred with a change, but it would be much less than making changes to a ticket purchased through a website such as Orbitz.

Details regarding these "Blue" fares are located here:
http://www.statravel.com/cps/rde/xch...ion_web_live/hs.xsl/blueticket.htm

-Alitalia777

aviationnut12

Tue May 29, 2007 11:59 pm

It is kind of hard to book a flexible ticket without paying a premium. That is why it costs so much more to purchase one, because you have that flexibility to change whatever you want, well almost. http://matrix.itasoftware.com/cvg/dispatch/, the web link is to a database that I use all the time. You cannot book a ticket on it, but it really has some great search options that have really been helpful in finding reasonably priced tickets. You also have the option of e-mailing the fare information to a travel agent, who was the resources to book that same exact ticket. Or say you find a flight on LH, just print the information, go to the LH website and you should find the exact same flights at the same price. Hope you find something. God Bless.
Aviationnut12
Every choice is a step, steps become direction, direction determines destination

Leskova

Wed May 30, 2007 1:19 am

Alitalia777 - I just sent you an IM in regards to your problem... hope you receive it...

Regards,
Frank

[Edited 2007-05-29 18:20:39]
Smile - it confuses people!

Alitalia777
Topic Author

Wed May 30, 2007 6:14 am

Leskova,
I didn't receive it. Did you send it to my AOL Instant Messenger? My screen name for that program is not Alitalia777. You can send me an email if you'd like. It's tbone202@hotmail.com Thanks!!

Leskova

Wed May 30, 2007 3:42 pm

Quoting Alitalia777 (Reply 7):
You can send me an email if you'd like.

Just did that...  Wink
Smile - it confuses people!