SanDiegoFlyer
Topic Author

Turkish Airlines Service

Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:54 pm

Hey All-

I just wanted to know what to expect when flying TK. I will be flying business class from ORD-IST and IST-JNB. Both flights are on A340's. I found no pictures of the cabin in the database or searching on the web. If anyone could tell me about the seats, entertainment and meals on those flights, it would be greatly appreciated.

SanDiegoFlyer

pilotaydin

RE: Turkish Airlines Service

Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:14 pm

the new cabins aren't ready yet, so you won't get anything super duper on the A340, unless they finish in time for your south africa visit...

just like any airline it depends on the crew you get for that day  Smile it could be awesome or it could be mediocre..

im pretty sure you will enjoy the food onboard though  Smile

enjoy your flight
The only time there is too much fuel onboard, is when you're on fire!

TurkishWings

Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:38 pm

I flew the A 340 on quite a few occasions and both on Y and C classes. Don't worry about the food. It will be fantastic.. The IFE isn't great but you will have a PTV without AVOD. The seats are extremely comfortable and the seat pitch is great. As Pilotaydin said, the service generally depends on the crew. Unfortunately the TK crew aren't among the friendliest all the time despite the fact that Turkish people are renowned for their hospitality and generousness.

You can find a TK A340 report of mine here but it's an economy class report  Sad I believe the new cabins will not be ready by the time you fly but the upgrades are starting very soon so you might as well have the new flat bed and AVOD PTVs.
Coffee - Tea or Me?

LAXintl

Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:50 pm

You could off course get lucky with an aircraft substitution for the A330 which has the new C class product.

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Konstantin von Wedelstaedt

From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

OA260

Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:51 pm

I loved all my flights on TK . The food was good and the service was good also. I wish I was going on their A340 . Have a good flight.

soups

Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:08 pm

Just flew lst week on TK (TR coming up) A320/734/738/A330
THE a330 Was great!
you will enjoy it Smile
Next destinations, Suarabaya, beirut, paris, Accra

TK787

Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:44 pm

It is even amazing that you could fly this route with TK. How small the world has become.
Bon Voyage.

ThereandBack

Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:14 pm

TK has efficient service. The cabin crew does everything their job requires. Most of the time they are unfriendly but sometimes you will have a really nice cabin crew that smiles and goes above just serving meals and drinks. The A340's are nice but the A330 are way better in terms of the seat.

A340:

MyAviation.net photo:
Photo © Akin Diler

A330:

MyAviation.net photo:
Photo © Akin Diler

MyAviation.net photo:
Photo © Akin Diler

The food will be great like everyone else said. On TK's website under cabin services they have a list of movies under in flight entertainment if you want to see what movies and TV shows they will be playing. The A330's also have documentaries and games but the A340's don't.

TK787

Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:28 am

Thanks for the photos,
I have never seen the color scheme on the first photo. Usually it is a bit greener.
And for the second and third photos talk about white balancing, or playing with hue and saturation.
About the photographer, Akin Diler an a.net member? TK pilot or FA?

TurkishWings

Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:07 am

Quoting TK787 (Reply 8):
About the photographer, Akin Diler an a.net member? TK pilot or FA?

Looking at the pictures, he is definately a crew. All the pictures he took are from TK destinations. And looking at the variety of the cabin shots (321,738,330,340), I'd say he is a cabin crew...
Coffee - Tea or Me?

ThereandBack

Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:15 am

Quoting TK787 (Reply 8):
And for the second and third photos talk about white balancing, or playing with hue and saturation.

In bahadir's TR a while ago on the A330 he said the mood lighting was really like that.

Quoting TurkishWings (Reply 9):
Looking at the pictures, he is definately a crew.

I e-mailed him once out of curiosity and he said he was a pilot and he does have photos from the cockpit. You never know if he is telling the truth though.

Quoting TK787 (Reply 8):
I have never seen the color scheme on the first photo. Usually it is a bit greener.

I'm not sure about that whenever I left the plane I always look at business class and that's definately the color of the seats.

TK787

Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:31 am

Quoting ThereAndBack (Reply 10):
I'm not sure about that whenever I left the plane I always look at business class and that's definately the color of the seats.

It has been a while, I am sure that must be the color, it just looked different.
By the way NYT article today about NW getting out of bankruptcy and it say the top FA wages are $35K/year. I didn't know how low they were. Anyone knows about TK's wages? That might be the reason for no smiles.