ultrapig

Delta Business Class To TLV

Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:48 pm

It appears that Delta's busienss class is at least $1k. less expensive than any other airline. Has anyone flown this route and is there any reason by Delta's Busienss class is different form El Al or Continental on a non stop from the US or a European carrier one stop from the US?

star_world

RE: Delta Business Class To TLV

Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:58 pm

Quoting Ultrapig (Thread starter):
It appears that Delta's busienss class is at least $1k. less expensive than any other airline. Has anyone flown this route and is there any reason by Delta's Busienss class is different form El Al or Continental on a non stop from the US or a European carrier one stop from the US?

Haven't flown DL BE on this route, but have done to Europe several times. They don't have anywhere near the service quality or food quality that you get on CO, which is the closest comparison. The European carriers generally offer a much better on-board product (such as BA with flat bed, etc) and service level in general. Haven't flown LY before so can't comment on them.

itsnotfinals

Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:11 pm

I have flown CO to TLV in Business First and DL Biz E about 8 times to/from Europe. CO's product is NOT so much better that you would notice a big difference comparied to BizE on a 777.

CO's "Lay flat" sleeper is not truly lay flat, although it does offer more recline than DL. In terms of IFE and Food and depending on the crew, the service is very close.

1000 dollars less is a great deal on DL, go for it.

[Edited 2007-07-02 16:22:36]
Speedbird 178 Heavy, FINAL runway 27L

gokmengs

Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:24 pm

Quoting Star_world (Reply 1):
Haven't flown DL BE on this route, but have done to Europe several times. They don't have anywhere near the service quality or food quality that you get on CO, which is the closest comparison.

I fly DL Biz Elite very frequently, and after all the talk here about how better the CO Bizfirst product is I gave it a try to PEK, and I don't see how its better then the DL product, seats are very very similar, and IMO the DL service on board was better. Overall I think they are very similar but if one is 1K cheaper I would take that one.
Gercekleri Tarih Yazar Tarihide Galatasaray

fridgmus

Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:39 am

Since most of my company's employees here are from the south, Delta's DXB-ATL-DXB run is popular as it gets them into ATL in morning on the first day of their vacation and connections are that much closer! Anyway, several have flown their business class and the fare was $4146.00, which is comparable to EK's on the DXB-JFK-DXB run. However while Delta's business class was nice, it cannot compare to EK, which most of you probably already know.

Just my  twocents 

Marc
The Lockheed Super Constellation, the REAL Queen of the Skies!

DLPMMM

Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:59 am

Quoting Fridgmus (Reply 4):
Since most of my company's employees here are from the south, Delta's DXB-ATL-DXB run is popular as it gets them into ATL in morning on the first day of their vacation and connections are that much closer! Anyway, several have flown their business class and the fare was $4146.00, which is comparable to EK's on the DXB-JFK-DXB run. However while Delta's business class was nice, it cannot compare to EK, which most of you probably already know.

I don't think it is possible to fly to TLV on EK, even with an extra connection at DXB, so I don't know what your point is.

Quoting Itsnotfinals (Reply 2):

checkmark 

Quoting Gokmengs (Reply 3):

checkmark 

gokmengs

Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:05 am

Quoting Fridgmus (Reply 4):

Just my

Cool but the thread is comparing DL vs. CO so I don't know how that is related, but we all know EK has a good C class.
Gercekleri Tarih Yazar Tarihide Galatasaray

Evan767

Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:48 am

DL's service is excellent. You will be impressed. I can't say much about CO, since I haven't flown them to TLV, though they are a great airline. Your Delta aircraft the 777, will have 21" wide seats, is that better than CO? The cabin will be pretty much spotless as it had to have been refurbished within the past few months. The seat covers will be brand spanking new, only a couple months old. And the AVOD system is one to beat. HBO, various television shows, and a wide selection of music, new release and classic movies, and video games. Trust me, you will be impressed with Delta!
The proper term is "on final" not "on finals" bud...

B767300ER

Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:14 am

Remember if you book C Class on DL from JFK to TLV its an LY flight, DL only operates its air craft from ATL-TLV.
Also, if you check prices can differ by almost $100.00 if you fly from JFK and book on DL or LY even though its the same flight. Why, I really don't know. Also prices change as availability decreases. Check seat maps to see whats available. By the way booking on ElAl for ATL-TLV fares are higher than on DL, so check, conpare then purchase.