klm672

What Is It Like To Be Based In EWR?

Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:53 am

Hello. I am currently an FA based in CLE for a Co connection carrier and would love to get into Mainline, although I hear they are only hiring for the EWR base. Right now, I have found CLE to not be the best place to live (maybe its just my area?). Calling VT home, EWR would be much closer to home for me. I have heard mixed things about being based (living and working) in EWR and I would like some more opinions.
Thank You,
Andre

pizzaandplanes

RE: What Is It Like To Be Based In EWR?

Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:13 am

Who wouldn't want to live near NYC? I'm sure you will have a lot more non-rev opportunities EWR too.
A real man lands where he wants to

mdodd

Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:57 am

Never worked from, but EWR is dogged a lot.
Living almost 6 miles from it, I think it is a great airport...
Lots of connections to the city!

Good luck,
just my 2 cents  Smile

EWRCabincrew

Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:47 am

Our EWR base (mind you this is extremely biased) is our best base (mind you, too, I am talking about mainline (as I know nothing about COEX operations)).

You can live in about a two hour drive of EWR comfortably with regards to getting to the airport for check-in (especially as a reserve). That can include CT, NY and PA (as well as a lot of NJ cities).

There is Amtrak and NJ Transit trains. From NYC there is the PATH, Amtrak and NJT (New Jersy Transit).

You can also commute (like I do) and get a crash pad (there are many) or hotel it on your own (which I do) for the odd occasion you need a hotel room.

EWR domestic is decent and NTA is great for international.

As for VT, a commute is a commute is a commute. We have a lot of NE commuters (VT, NH and ME), you'd be joining the ranks.

Hurry up and come over soon. The sooner you do, the better your seniority.
You can't cure stupid