Jaws707
Topic Author

How Much Do You Enjoy Flying Coach?

Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:21 pm

I love aviation and everything about it. Everything from looking at airplanes at the airport, to learning about them, to talking about them. I have to admit though, that its getting harder and harder for me to enjoy a flight. I've always flown coach and I think the only things I enjoy anymore are the take off, landing, and looking out the window if I have a window seat. I usually fly either American or Delta and the service has been rather lacking. Sometimes they give a snack, sometimes not. Sometimes they give a full can of soda, sometimes not. On my last flight what really annoyed me was that when I booked it 2 months in advance I selected a window seat. At the airport I pring my boarding pass and it had me in another seat. The other seat was a middle seat betwen 2 guys. So it made me wonder, if I just lost my seat, what was the point of selecting one in the 1st place? How much do you guys/gals enjoy flying?

IAHFLYR

RE: How Much Do You Enjoy Flying Coach?

Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:28 pm

I love flying....but flying coach, I'd rather have a root canal without any pain killers.  Smile

Quoting Jaws707 (Thread starter):
On my last flight what really annoyed me was that when I booked it 2 months in advance I selected a window seat. At the airport I pring my boarding pass and it had me in another seat. The other seat was a middle seat betwen 2 guys.

I check my flights online about every week just to avoid things like you mentioned......I don't find that on CO I am getting my seat changed too often unless an aircraft changes, then crazy things seem to happen but staying alert for changes keeps things like not getting a seat I want to a minimum.
Any views shared are strictly my own and do not a represent those of any former employer.

ANother

Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:40 pm

What I'd like to know is why Americans call it Coach when the rest of the world calls it Economy?

777-200

Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:25 am

The cheaper the ticket is, the more I enjoy it! Big grin
Another Day, Another Dollar.... Young Jeezy

sk601

Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:46 am

It really depends from flight to flight. I really enjoyed my AMS-ORD in KL m-class last April, but my last LAX-AMS in KL m-class was a bit of a torture (middle seat, between 2 big, noisy, I-am-complaining-the-whole-trip, Dutch business men).

For flights less than 4 hrs I don't mind m-class at all. For those flights I really don't care what my seat is (pref. window), but not a big deal. Same for in flight. No PTV/Audio needed, I just read a magazine or two and I 'm satisfied with a drink and a small snack (peanuts/cookies).

aerlingus747

Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:50 am

For me it all depends on the length of the flight.Short haul flights are usually ok in economy.When it comes to long haul I cant stand economy.Every time I fly long haul I usually spend the whole flight board and usually tired.To answer your question no I dont like flying economy,which means I will have a fun night and morning to get back to Dublin.

kmh1956

Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:30 am

Much prefer economy....no "I'm so much better than you" snobs like you tend to find in F.
'Somebody tell me why I'm on my own if there's a soulmate for everyone' :Natasha Bedingfield

MadameConcorde

Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:37 am

I do not like flying in Economy but these days I do not have much choice. This is still better than not flying at all.

Spending money on Concorde was worth every nickel and dime but on other aircrafts I do not really pay attention anymore.... They are all the same... so... slow...
There was a better way to fly it was called Concorde

TACAA320

Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:44 am

Quoting IAHFLYR (Reply 1):
I love flying....but flying coach, I'd rather have a root canal without any pain killers.

I agree with you but. referred to American carriers. Unfortunately my next flight is this Saturday with CO.
'Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind'. Albert Einstein

Yflyer

Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:51 am

As my user name implies, I always fly Economy.  Smile

I'm with SK601 -- it really varies from flight to flight. I've had really horrible flights and I've had really great ones. Probably the worst one was a redeye flight in the very back row of a UA 319. Limited recline, no room to streach out, and I was in an aisle seat so nothing to rest my head on, and it was during the holiday season so it was a full flight. I was completely exhausted by the time I reached my destination.

In contrast, I had a really great flight on DL back in May on one of the ex-Song 757s. I had the entire row to myself, which is great because as much as I love looking out the window, I try to get aisle seats on long flights because I usually have to go pee several times. So I had the best of both worlds. I spent the flight alternating between looking out the window and watching the PTV. Also, I really like the choice of snacks Delta now offers.

bok269

Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:16 am

Quoting TACAA320 (Reply 8):
Unfortunately my next flight is this Saturday with CO.

At least they'll feed you.

I enjoy flying no matter what. On my last flight (HNL-EWR with CO) It was about 3 in the morning Hawaiian time and I couldnt sleep thanks to seatmate waking me up to ask me if I would mind her moving my armrest. I was getting miserable, so I walked up to the lavatory area by doors 3L and R to stretch my legs. I walked over to the tiny window to see if there was anything interesting below. Looking forward I could see one of the coolest sunrises I had ever seen. That is what it is all about.
"Reality is wrong, dreams are for real." -Tupac

helvknight

Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:58 am

Quoting ANother (Reply 2):
What I'd like to know is why Americans call it Coach when the rest of the world calls it Economy?

Because Coach on a US legacy carrier is like Greyhound with wings.  Wink

I've got no real problems flying Economy under 8-9 hours, then I prefer being in Business.
I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member - Groucho Marx

TimePilot

Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:15 am

Flying coach domestically in the US? No way.
Flying coach internationally? Yes.

I always take JAL and in economy they've always been very nice to me. The seats aren't the nicest and the food isn't always so hot, but it beats flying AA domestically any day of the week!

The only airlines I've enjoyed flying domestically in the US is Comair; they were extremely nice.

jamesjimlb

Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:04 am

unfotuently?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!??!?!!!?!?!!!?

CO is very good, unless if it is long haul coach.

naturaly i perfer first class any day, you know, it's just natural.
The sky is no longer the limit, but the mere minimum

PlymSpotter

Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:49 am

I quite like economy, I have thought about saving up and going in business/first, but even with enough air-miles to do so, I really don't want to, as they stretch far further and let me see much more of the world when in the back of the cabin. I think the only time I would fly Biz is to fly on a 737BBJ or the A319ACJ - but even so, they are going to be around for a long time and can wait a while.

I've got to say that flying got very boring for me towards the end of last year, during which I might have gone a little 'OTT' in flying 126 sectors. A lot were back and forth between home and university; same route, same aircraft (more often than not even the same registration) - booooring! Instead though I now try to collect rare aircraft types which I find immensely fun - it really puts the enjoyment back into flying for me, partly the challenge of picking the right route and airline combination to get on the 'wanted' plane/airline.

Dan Smile
...love is just a camouflage for what resembles rage again...

Viscount724

Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:39 am

I think it has origins in railway terminology. The lowest type of passenger seating on US trains (what is usually known as 2nd class in Europe etc.) was always referred to as "coach". I expect the term got picked up by the early airlines and it stuck.

Ironically, long-distance buses in the USA are usually called "bus", while in certain other English speaking countries (e.g. the UK) I believe "coach" is the more usual term, and "bus" usually refers to local city buses.

IAHFLYR

Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:39 am

Well if you don't like them why fly them, walk if they are the only airline you have.

Fortunately all my flights are on CO.....very happy OnePass Member.
Any views shared are strictly my own and do not a represent those of any former employer.

NG1Fan

Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:48 am

Why do they call it coach in USA? Probably easier to spell correctly....

I fly economy - company policy, unless the routing/timing is such that only business class tickets were available (which frankly occurs rarely). Want to upgrade? I burn miles.

Privately, I also fly economy - I've never actually paid for business class. But sometimes the whole family was upgraded, other times, I burn miles.

Best part about economy: requesting for the seat next to be being blocked. Reminds me: I flew CX many moons ago on my father's Diamond Card. 747 was almost full in Y but I had a whole centre row to myself. Very hard to defend - one had to get horizontal immediately after takeoff.

Economy 'service'? Stick to Asian carriers. Though in Oz, Qantas is very good since they've dumped that stupid lunchbox.

Last time I flew in the USA - I was shocked what passed for 'service'. Best part: FA trawling the aisles towards the end of a flight calling out 'Trash, Trash'.

NG1Fan

LHRBFSTrident

Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:33 pm

why Americans call it Coach when the rest of the world calls it Economy?

What I'd like to know is why American carriers call it First Class when it clearly isn't... Big grin

IIRC KLM introduced the concept of Economy, but originally called it 'Tourist Class' - there are even some long-in-the-tooth ex-BOAC crew at BA referring to M-class as 'Tourist', admittedly with a rather ironic tone of voice

Quoting NG1Fan (Reply 17):
Last time I flew in the USA - I was shocked what passed for 'service'. Best part: FA trawling the aisles towards the end of a flight calling out 'Trash, Trash'.

...they won the Cold War just to turn into the USSR...

WestJetYQQ

Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:13 pm

It's flying. If I have a window seat, I'll take it. Except maybe on Air Asia's A330s. I couldn't stand 9 abreast in one of those.
Will You Try to Change Things? Use the Power that you have, the Power of a Million new Ideas.

57AZ

Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:21 pm

I love flying-just not sharing my ride with 49 other people and putting up with the nonsense involved with it. Given a choice, I will opt to take a private flight over an airline flight whenever possible.

Quoting Viscount724 (Reply 15):
I think it has origins in railway terminology. The lowest type of passenger seating on US trains (what is usually known as 2nd class in Europe etc.) was always referred to as "coach". I expect the term got picked up by the early airlines and it stuck.

Coach is a more general term referring to the passenger car itself. It's a holdover from the very early days of passenger train travel when the passenger cars were literally modified stage coach bodies mounted on a larger frame. The actual cars quickly disappeared as the American railroads favored corridore cars over the traditional European style cars that were subdivided into compartments. American railroad most often referred to the most basic passenger accomodations as day coaches or chair cars.

Ironically, long-distance buses in the USA are usually called "bus", while in certain other English speaking countries (e.g. the UK) I believe "coach" is the more usual term, and "bus" usually refers to local city buses.

True when you talk about the general public. However, those of us in the trade refer to them as coaches.
"When a man runs on railroads over half of his lifetime he is fit for nothing else-and at times he don't know that."

ual757

Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:52 pm

How much do I NOT enjoy flying coach should be the question...

Delta767300ER

Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:08 am

I love flying in general but would rather fly First Class or Business Class. Coach usually doesent bother me unless I'm on a cramjet 737-800. Earliar in the week I was in an exit row on an AA 763 and it was great. When I fly coach I try to get exit row seating. I also flew on an AA 777 in Business Class earliar in the week from DFW-MI and it was great. I never want to fly coach again.

-Delta767300ER

A340600

Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:38 am

The American's have to take everything and add their own words for it, gives them a false sense of national pride when it comes to speaking our language Wink

Quoting Kmh1956 (Reply 6):
Much prefer economy....no "I'm so much better than you" snobs like you tend to find in F.

Quoting NG1Fan (Reply 17):
Why do they call it coach in USA? Probably easier to spell correctly....

Quoting LHRBFSTrident (Reply 18):
What I'd like to know is why American carriers call it First Class when it clearly isn't...

rotfl 
Despite the name I am a Boeing man through and through!

OHLHD

Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:38 am

I only get staff tickets for economy so I am happy just to have them. I am 6´3" but still it is ok. Sure J-Class would be great but hey, I don't pay a lot Big grin

TPAnx

Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:41 pm

Quoting A340600 (Reply 23):
The American's have to take everything and add their own words for it, gives them a false sense of national pride

Errr..what about "World Traveler" and "Euro Traveler"??? Seems the habit isn't unique to the US!  Wink
As to traveling in "coach"--I've been in the front, and in the back..and up front's far better!
TPAnx
I read the news today..oh boy

n5014k

Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:57 am

Since you used the word "enjoy" in your original post, I enjoy flying coach when I have the whole row of seats to myself. I like window seats but I won't sit there if someone is between me and the aisle; I like mobility better. If I'm the only one in my row I can have both a window seat and access to the loo.

Otherwise coach is not much fun overall. But, as several A-netters have rightly pointed out, I am grateful there is an airline industry that takes me where I want to go.

AY104

Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:40 am

I fly so seldom any more. I don't mind coach one bit. My last - and only trip this year - was YVR-YUL-YVR on AC. The flights are about 5 hrs each way. The crews on both the flights made things as pleasant as possible. Their service was endless, the BOB has improved a lot, and they were engergetic and enthusiastic. I had eaten before departure from YVR, which was 8:50am, so I really wasn't interested in food shortly after takeoff when they did the BOB and beverage service. However, about 2 hrs. later they did another complete service, which really impressed me. I had a sandwich which was very good. Same thing on the way back, and between the full services were always up and down the aisles with water and any other beverage requests.
The planes were both 763ER's, but had not yet been converted to the new interiors. Both planes were very clean. I always take my ipod anyway, and have my own selection of music and audio books. The inflight service is far more important to me than free electronic devices. I have no problem paying 5 bucks for an alcoholic beverage, and 5 or 6 bucks for a decent sandwich, as a matter of fact I prefer the sandwiches to the full hot meals previously provided.
On both flights I went out of my way to compliment the crews on their service. The previous year on transatlantic I had found the AC service somewhat lacking, not bad but not up to the standards of these past 2 flights.
It's not a big deal for me to fly economy. I worked for the airlines up until 1998 for over 25 years. The last years of service were with Western and Delta. When I would fly Delta on my passes, I would often list myself on the flight in Coach. In those days there were a lot more open seats on the flights, and when First was full there would often be more space in coach.
I did enjoy tremedously the service or Reno Air. In the 90's they flew twice daily RNO-YVR. They would always upgrade airline employees, and although very casual I always enjoyed their service. I really miss them. Especiallly on the way down to Reno, it was fun to have a couple of drinks and enjoy the friendliness of the crew.
As I said, I don't fly that often, so my opinion is obviously very different about Coach than any frequent flyers. I have some points with AS and AC, but I think it will be a long time before I am eligible for any upgrades anyway.
Cheers,
AY104
The only thing a customer should expect for his/her loyalty is good service

tennis69

Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:56 pm

90% of my flights are long haul, 7000-12000km, so if I can't upgrade I pay the difference out of my pocket.

wilco737

Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:16 am

Well, if you dont enjoy flying coach: FLY Business or First class  stirthepot 

I know its usually a money issue... but its worth it, I always enjoy my Business class flights Big grin

WILCO737 (MD11F)
 airplane 

A340600

Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:26 am

Quoting TPAnx (Reply 25):
Errr..what about "World Traveler" and "Euro Traveler"??? Seems the habit isn't unique to the US!

Wink Good response
Despite the name I am a Boeing man through and through!

fanofjets

Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:48 am

Quoting Kmh1956 (Reply 6):

I quite agree. In fact, many of the aircraft I have flown on are congigured all-economy.

I love everything about flying. To me, flying is magic, no matter how big the seat. Not only do I always fly economy, but I also base my flights and departure airport on the most economical price. For me, flying is a luxury, and I am grateful for whatever I can get, even if I am on a flying Greyhound bus. Moreover, I treasure the chance to explore a new place and culture, as well as spend time with treasured family members. In that context, luxury appointments (or lack thereof) are entirely irrelevent.

To go off on a tangent, my last flight was on this bird:

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Ralph Duenas - Jetwash Images

No plush seats. No flight attendents. No PTVs. Loud engines. And I loved every minute of it!  Smile
The aeroplane has unveiled for us the true face of the earth. -Antoine de Saint-Exupery

austinairport

Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:05 pm

I dont mind it any chance to fly is an opportunity learn.  Smile
Whoever said you can do anything you set your mind to has obviously never tried to slam a revolving door!!!

vtdl

Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:40 pm

I enjoy flying, especially on larger planes like 777, 747, 767, economy or not. Have flown on First Class, mostly on short flights to the Northwest. Don't see the big deal. I'll settle for economy especially paying from own pocket. Would like to try Business/First on international flights though!

I mostly fly economy and enjoy it. Anything less than 12 hours is alright for me. More than that is too hard. And with the maximum of 2 segments.

I agree that services within the US is becoming very bad unfortunately. I have to signup for the FF programs just for seat selections.

Viscount724

Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:51 am

Quoting 57AZ (Reply 20):

True when you talk about the general public. However, those of us in the trade refer to them as coaches.

I once worked with someone in my airline career who later became a senior executive for Greyhound in Canada. His name often appeared in their press releases announcing new services etc. I always thought it was amusing that the word "bus" was never used. It was always "coach", obviously to make the product sound slightly more upscale. They must have had a company policy forbidding their staff from using the B-word.

However, as you say, I highly doubt whether any of their passengers ever asked one of their employees, "What time does the next coach leave?"

Back to trains, it's also interesting that the usual word in USA/Canada for the individual units of a train is "car" (sleeping car, dining car, lounge car etc.), while the usual British term is "carriage". French is consistent with North American usage as they use "voiture" both for the units of a train and an automobile. On the other hand, the French word for a long-distance bus is in fact "le car", while (in line with British usage) "le bus" in French is normally only used for local transit buses within cities.

aerorobnz

Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:43 am

Now that I fly business class regularly I have fast gone off economy, although I still recognise that our economy is much better than most, so I don't mind too much
Flown to 120 Airports in 44 Countries on 73 Operators. Visited 55 Countries and counting. Wanderlust is like Syphilis, once you have the itch it's too late for treatment.

mdodd

Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:29 pm

I love flying and aviation in general, as well.
However I fly 99% of my flights on Coach...however almost all on COA.
I have never had a serious problem with them- there service I find is outstanding.
And EWR as well, I find to be great.

Maybe I'm slightly spoiled...but not enough so with Business Class.

AEROFAN

Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:01 am

You couldn't get me to fly coach if flight is over 4 hours.

N231YE

Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:51 am

Flying in coach sucks, but since it is always the cheapest, if I need to fly, then I'll take it.

fbgdavidson

Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:53 pm

Enjoy? It is certainly possible to have a pleasant flight in coach. My wife and I went to see my brother-in-law in San Francisco a few months ago and went on United in Economy Plus. On the flight back, SFO-PHL, we had the second exit row (on an A320) and had the middle seat blocked off. Enough room to cross my legs and read a broadsheet, free alcohol (thanks to Red Carpet Club drinks coupons) and very pleasant flight attendants. If I'm honest I didn't miss flying First Class one jot. When we returned we booked another trip to see him, again on United in Economy Plus on the IAD-SFO leg. Very similar experience, A320, row 6 right behind F so masses of legroom, although we had someone sitting in the aisle seat. The way back reminded me why I hate coach, US SFO-PIT. Oh. My. God. Cramped seating, rubbish service, FAs chewing gum, surly ground staff. Even with my frequent flyer benefits the US experience was miserable. So miserable in fact that for the last three hours of the flight I was looking forward to our RJ flight from PIT-RIC!

Longhaul is another ball game though...unless business fares are outrageous (about 10% of the time when I'm booking) then I'm happy to pay for the comfort of flying in a proper seat or bed, with semi-proper food and decent service. Getting off an 11hr flight feeling human is invaluable, I don't take a week off work to fly 9000 miles and then spend three days recovering from a horrible flight in a tiny seat.

Anyone seen Lewis Black's stand up piece on flying coach? I couldn't find it on YouTube but it is hilarious and sums up my thoughts on flying coach longhaul pretty succintly!

It is an aspirational thing. After flying economy within the US you look forward to taking the Greyhound.

Quoting Vtdl (Reply 33):
Have flown on First Class, mostly on short flights to the Northwest. Don't see the big deal.

That's because you flew on Northwest...

I can understand people who say flying First Class within the US isn't that big a deal, I really can. Anyone who flies business or first class longhaul for the first time after years of flying coach and afterwards says it isn't a big deal is either deranged/on medication/delusional/insane/delete as applicable.
"My first job was selling doors, door to door, that's a tough job innit" - Bill Bailey

fxramper

Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:34 pm

This post is funny.  bouncy 

I travel with my company about twice a month and always get upgraded.

I wouldn't wish cattle-class on any Anet member.  yes 

Elite

Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:37 pm

The extra leg room and the overall quality of the flight is a lot better in Biz, but for shorter flights I still fly coach.

N776AU

Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:00 pm

6 hours was pushing my patience. I made it through 8 hours ok, although getting 2.5 hours of sleep sure did help. 10 hours drove me to the point of insanity, with only 30 minutes of sleep, and three crappy movies. Those 10 hours don't even count the thirty-some minutes we held in Gatwick.

I think that was actually the only time I was ever glad to step off a plane
Careful, Doors Are Closing And Will Not Reopen. Please Wait For The Next Train

krje1980

Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:26 am

Well, I've only flown business class once, and that was on a one hour flight between CPH and BGO on SAS; so there really was not much of a difference from flying coach.

I have done some pretty tough long haul flights in Y over the years. These include a trip to Hawaii (flying all the way from Norway), a trip to Fargo, a trip to Singapore, and two trips to Manila. Although sitting in a coach seat for 12 hours in an endurance test, I have to say that even thoguh I agree with fbgdavidson's statement in a post I read way back that comparing different coach classes is like splitting hairs, I really could tell the difference after 12 hours on SQ and 14 hours on SAS (CPH to SIN via BKK). SQ offers a leg rest, plenty of food and drinks, terrific entertainment and great in-flight staff. Honestly, I felt more exhausted after flying 8 hours CPH - EWR (on SAS) than I did after 12 hours CPH - SIN (on SQ). Economy on long haul can be tolerable if you are young (like me), you have put your mind to it (what choice do I have  Smile), AND, most importantly, you fly on a carrier where they don't treat you as a second-rate human being because you sit in the back.

Mike89406

Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:48 am

If you can afford F or J class or business and think it's worth it then great all the more power to you. I think those luxuries are great if you want the best comfort on long hauls.

Some people may or may not say it but Economy can be great if you're selective about you're seats and the preferred airline meets you're needs.

I like assigned seating myself . WN and some discount airlines all have 1 class can be great for those short trips and you're not worried about much. I had a great experience on DL they seem to serve more snacks and are friendlier. because I booked my seats ahead of time and had the window and better legroom.

CO has always seemed like the best when traveling economy stateside. UA is the worst as they;re seats are the most uncomfortable and I haven't yet received snack service on any flight although the most I flew with UA recently was 3 hrs.

If you don't put much time in to planning you're flights and seats you may be stuck sitting between people you don't want to sit by or sitting in the worst seats. Economy doesn't have to be horrible it's not rocket science. Me personally I don't pay less than 150.00-200.00 the cheapest tickets on average so I usually pick a legacy airline I know i will be comfortable traveling with.

NG1Fan

Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:23 am

My longest flights in Y-class were VIE-SYD on OS (twice) and VIE-MEL (also twice, since the transfer procedure to domestic flights in SYD is painful). Yes, it did drag on, esp with baby/toddler in tow. But the basinett made life easier (but not getting out of your seat), and it was the quickest way to get to Oz from VIE.

Was it fun? Frankly, no. But baby/toddler kept us amused/busy and when he slept, it was bliss. Did we use IFE? No.

We did upgrade via miles to C-Class on two occasions. Was it better? Well, it was more dignified. Would I pay the equivalent of a small new car for three C-Class tix? No.

So do I enjoy Y-Class? The hip-pocket nerve, proven to be the most sensitive nerve in the human body, says I do.

NG1Fan

TACAA320

Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:25 pm

Quoting Bok269 (Reply 10):
At least they'll feed you.

And the "food" is like a crap.

Quoting JamesJimlb (Reply 13):
unfotuently?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!??!?!!!?!?!!!?
Not unfotuently. Unfortunately!
CO is very good,

Just plain good between American carriers. But not that good specially compared with many other airlines.

Quoting IAHFLYR (Reply 16):
Well if you don't like them why fly them,

You're right. But sometimes you must choose the only with seats available in a determined route in certain dates

[Edited 2007-09-14 16:35:56]
'Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind'. Albert Einstein

bok269

Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:30 am

Quoting TACAA320 (Reply 46):
And the "food" is like a crap.

I've had worse. Either way I think CO is a very good airline. To each his own.
"Reality is wrong, dreams are for real." -Tupac

Mike89406

Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:37 am

Quoting TACAA320 (Reply 46):
And the "food" is like a crap

Carriers flying in the US dont feed you meals unless you're flying International in economy or they have a Buy on Board other than that all you'll get is a snack pack, peanuts but no meal. But there isn't much of a standard to judge from when you're getting chips and a soda.

Hey at least on DL we had 2 snack services in a 4 hour flight. One is the snack pack, and the other was a choice of 5 snacks with soda

TACAA320

Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:21 am

Quoting Bok269 (Reply 47):
I've had worse.

Me too. AA for example. And I've had better [ DL ].

Quoting Bok269 (Reply 47):
Either way I think CO is a very good airline.

I think so but only among American carriers.