vinniewinnie

A306/A319 Lufthansa Best Seats For Viewing Fra Tom

Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:32 pm

Dear all,

I'm flying tomorrow sunday 9/09/07 from Athens to manchester via Frankfurt! In that respect I'd like to have the best seat for the A300-600 leg to Frankfurt and the A319 leg to manchester! The most important point for my trip tomorrow is to have a seat which enables me to have a great view! More specifically I'd like to see Frankfurt city! Therefore according to comfort and viewing criteria, could anyone tell me the best seat to get? I assume my viewing criteria will depend on the runway in use!

Thanks for your help!

PS: I've checked seatguru to no avail, and yes I admit this question should probably go to the airline preferences part of Anet! But since I'm short of time I'm posting it here... Sorry...

LH526
Crew

RE: A306/A319 Lufthansa Best Seats For Viewing Fra

Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:44 pm

Well, if Rwy 07 is in use for approach, you will have no luck whatsoever to see Frankfurt City. For a rwy 25 appraoch, have a seat on the starboard side (right), for a 07 takeoff sit on the port side (left)

Mario
LH526
Trittst im Morgenrot daher, seh ich dich im Strahlenmeer ...

vinniewinnie

RE: A306/A319 Lufthansa Best Seats For Viewing Fra

Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:31 am

So at the end I didn't get a window seat on the A300 leg! The flight was full and though me and my girlfriend arrived 1h30 before the flight there was already a huge queue at Athens Airport. We had to wait for about 45 minutes before finally be able to get rid of our luggages! crazy to only open only 3 economy counters for check-in! really reminded me of charter flights i have taken in the past not really fun!

Fra was good but at the same time a disappointment! Traffic was amazing but would have thought the terminals would be better! Felt they were quite cramped and that shopping opportunities were pretty scarce! Was expecting a toyshop for example but no couldn't find any! Shame wanted to buy some Herpa 1:500 planes!

I was well happy that we had to reach the plane to Manchester by bus since it provided with excellent sightseeing opportunities!

About the planes: A300 felt quite cramped and old but seriously nothing really wrong! A319 very nice seat! Shame that there were no overhead screens!

All in all I find Zurich a better airport for connecting flights! But yes plane wise Fra is impressive!