aircanada014

What Do You Think Is A Good US Alliance For AC?

Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:09 pm

Hi all

I know this hasn't been discussed before but this would be interesting to get feed backs from you all?
During the years AC had formed a partnership with 3 differ US carriers throughout 80s and 90s, they were USair, Continental and UA. We all know AC bought some stakes in CO and made a huge investment returns. USair was a choice for flights in western states, then when AC couldn't get some ASIA routes they decided to form an alliance with UA. If I remember partnering with USair didn't last too long and that got replaced with UA for west cost. With all the legacy carriers in the States who do you think would be a perfect fit for AC? Don't get me wrong I'm happy AC and UA are together for 14yrs I think and continuing their partnerships. We have AA, CO, DL, NW, UA and US, which one would be awesome alliance for AC?

helvknight

RE: What Do You Think Is A Good US Alliance For AC

Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:36 pm

Since AC were one of the founders of *A it would have to be US and UA.
I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member - Groucho Marx

kiwiandrew

Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:45 pm

I am sure that the rest of Star are really annoyed that AC disposed of their stake in CO . A combination of AC/CO/UA would have been a lot better for Star than AC/UA/US

(diversion off topic .... of course SK also had a stake in CO before AC did so we could blame them as well ... in fact come to think of it SK also had a stake a long time ago in LA and they disposed of that as well ... presumably if they had kept it LA would now be in Star not OW and Star would have good coverage in South America )

AlexPorter

Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:35 pm

Quoting Kiwiandrew (Reply 2):
I am sure that the rest of Star are really annoyed that AC disposed of their stake in CO . A combination of AC/CO/UA would have been a lot better for Star than AC/UA/US

Back in the day, CO and HP were partners. Had that lasted, they would concievably be US partners today, another in for the Star Alliance. But alas they wound up partnering with NW/KL and of course are now in SkyTeam.
Last Flight: SCX701 MSP-PHX B738 8Jan2008

SkyyMaster

Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:19 am

Airlines do change alliances as has been demonstrated several times over the past few years. I've not heard of any particular complaints AC has with it's Star partners, so I cannot imagine them switching. The most likely scenario would be some of the smaller non-aligned US carriers joining alliances. If that happens, I'm sure Star would probably get at least one.