snn2003

Best Airline To Work For?

Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:50 am

What do you guys think is the best airline to work for? Ir maybe the best place to be based? I'm looking for a CSA position to start in December. I'm looking mainly at CO but dose anyone have another suggestion?
Thanks in advance!
SNN

(P.S.: I searched for this but the newest post was from 2002)
One way, IAH-RTB please! No return ticket required.

UncleBuck

RE: Best Airline To Work For?

Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:41 am

i'd say go with your instinct as indicated above  Wink  Wink

Tango-Bravo

Best Airline To Work For?

Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:41 am

Quoting UncleBuck (Reply 1):
i'd say go with your instinct as indicated above

Since you will almost certainly be required to hear a presentation of what is entailed in the position for which you are applying and will be interviewed before you are given the opportunity to accept a job offer, instinct becomes a useful guide in making your decision. What to watch and listen for?

First, realize that an airline job, especially today, is not "a wonderful world" all of the time or even most of the time; if anything it is hard thankless work most of the time with work hours (for any involved in the operations of the airline) that will fall mostly during evenings, weekends and holidays. If any airline were to represent it any other way, I would question their honesty and politely decline any offers made.

Second, what are the people (recruiters) like who are representing your prospective airline employer? If you are negatively impressed, walk away. Those who are chosen by airlines to represent them to prospective new hires will be about "as good as it gets" with regard to what your co-workers and the company in general will be like. If in any way your instincts tell you "I'm not sure I would want to work with people like this" by all means walk away.

My instincts made all the difference for me back when I chose between two prospective airline employers; I have not for a moment looked back or regretted the choice I made. Had I gone with the airline I did not choose, I'm virtually certain I would be long gone from them by now, by my own choice. Nine years later I remain with the airline I did choose based largely on instincts and first impressions.

Evan767

RE: Best Airline To Work For?

Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:17 am

I'd highly recommend Delta. Seriously, Delta management honestly does care about their employees, and I'm almost positive the travel benefits are miles ahead of Continental. You'll notice that Delta employees are among the best in the nation, almost always having a positive attitude. Why do you think that is? Very rarely have I noticed a sour Delta employee. Where would you be stationed at? That is also a factor.
The proper term is "on final" not "on finals" bud...