klm672
Posts: 2514
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 1999 6:09 am

To Go Or Not To Go?

Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:08 pm

Since getting a job as an FA I've been attempting to try and get a some time off to visit my family in Germany with the discount ticket and all and I am torn between going next week (leave the 28th get there the 29th and leave Germany the 4th) or just wait and request the last part of the bid off and beining on the next bid. With the second option I know I wouldn't have a chance until end of Jan and beginning of Feb. I just don't think its worth it for $132.00 for four days but I do not want to disapoint my cousin. When he was free I couldn't due to other obligations or last minute things and then he got a job and wouldn't be around (I don't want to pay that much to just sit on the couch for a few days). I am a little low on money so that $132.00 could benifit something else (bills), but with the benefits its so tempting. Any advice here?
 
OHLHD
Posts: 2903
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2004 6:02 am

RE: To Go Or Not To Go?

Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:25 pm

Yes go for it. Why not. The first rule I use when I go on staff/ ZED ticket is not to think about the costs. Of course I won´t spent 1000´s of Euros but I like flying so much that I just fly for fun.

I have done morning-evening trips to various places in Europe as well as a 5 day RIO trip.  Smile I would do it.
 
klm672
Posts: 2514
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 1999 6:09 am

RE: To Go Or Not To Go?

Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:51 pm

Well, I checked and its fine the way to Germany but its overbooked or "0" for the way back.
 
OHLHD
Posts: 2903
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2004 6:02 am

RE: To Go Or Not To Go?

Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:45 am

Quoting KLM672 (Reply 2):

I would not bother about that since " 0 " is always a good sign. Do not forget the massive number of flights from Germany to the US.

I regularly fly into GIG or GRU and -20 does not make my heart beat faster. The only bad think is if there is only one daily flight between your cities however the closer you get to the date the more people normally drop from the flight. Check a day before you leave and then decide. That is my advise ( after more then 80 Non-Rev flight the last 3 years  Smile )

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aeromoe, RL777 and 7 guests