ammunition

Transfer In Istanbul From IST-SAW At 2am?

Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:22 am

Hi, i am due to arrive into istanbul next week, at 1:30 am (approx) and i have a flight out of SAW at 8am, whats the cheapest way to travel the route, considering it will be very late/early. I am traveling alone, so looking for options other than the obvious, expensive taxi, are there buses, or airport shuttles available? i have about 5 hours to transfer, so i wont be in a hurry.

[Edited 2007-10-20 19:23:02]
Saint Augustine- 'The world is a book and those who do not travel, read only 1 page'

TurkishWings

RE: Transfer In Istanbul From IST-SAW At 2am?

Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:21 am

I am afraid at 01:30, there will be no scheduled airport buses at IST. The HAVAS bus (the airport shuttle) website says that after 01:00, they will have extra services to the city center depending on demand. But I have a feeling you should be lucky because there are quite a few flights arriving at that time of the night.

Otherwise, you will have to wait until 04:00 AM for the first bus to the city center and from there you can connect to the bus to SAW and you will be at SAW at 06:30 AM. (cost 9 YTL approx. 5 Euros)

The HAVAS bus runs from IST to city center between 04:00 AM and 01:00 AM every half an hour. And the bus to SAW from the city center runs every hour between 03:30 AM and 24:00 hrs. (cost: 9,5 YTL and again approx Euros)

A taxi at that hour to the city center should normally cost around 50 YTL which is about 30 Euros. You would then have to wait for about 1 hr and a half for the connecting bus and I think there are no waiting lounges in the city center office.

I hope this helps despite the bad news.
Coffee - Tea or Me?

Pe@rson

Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:16 pm

You're going to be knackered, A!

What's your routing?
"Everyone writing for the Telegraph knows that the way to grab eyeballs is with Ryanair and/or sex."

ammunition

Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:58 pm

Hey thanks for your help turkishwings

Im flying KLM BHX-AMS 6hour stopover AMS-IST 6 hour stopover, (pegasus) SAW-MLX bus to elazig, 1 week there, then the same journey in reverse, but with 4 days in istanbul.

Im looking forward to my turkish adventure, wish i had more time to explore, i will leave some time for cross country train travel next time i think

Amo
Saint Augustine- 'The world is a book and those who do not travel, read only 1 page'