petera380

Hotels Around Schiphol

Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:16 pm

Other then the Sheraton and the Radisson are there any other hotels around Schiphol airport. I looked on the web but it didn't seem to hopeful!

Thanks,

Peter

antonovman

RE: Hotels Around Schiphol

Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:22 pm

There are 2 Dorint hotels I found very good, have shuttle bus too

Richie72

Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:23 pm

I just booked the NH Schipol today and the hotel is located near Schipol ,good rates and looks okay.....nothing luxurious though!

http://www.nh-hotels.com/nh/en/searc...=1&nchilds=0&webrate=1&fini=&fout=

/Richie

TPAnx

Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:53 am

Quoting Antonovman (Reply 1):
Dorint hotels

Stayed at one coming home from Russia..restaurant (expensive) upstairs..pub downstairs with good food,,cold beer..
Room was good...can't comment on the cost..it was part of a tour..
TPAnx
I read the news today..oh boy

CV990

Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:10 am

Hi!

I also stayed in NH Hotel....thanks to TP! I explain, I left LIS on my way to LAX via AMS with TP and UA, my transit between flights was more or less 1:30 minutes....we left LIS already with 45 minutes delay so it was more than evident that we would never make it! When we got to AMS there was a nice TP fellow that immediately told us that we lost our connection and he was offering a night in a hotel and get the next day flight. We agreed and TP booked us in the NH Hotel by Schipol. Very nice hotel indeed, good rooms, good food too, so it was very good indeed.
Regards
CV990, the Maserati of the skies!

HT

Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:52 pm

Quoting Petera380 (Thread starter):
Other then the Sheraton and the Radisson are there any other hotels around Schiphol airport. I looked on the web but it didn't seem to hopeful!

Sheraton and Hilton are immediately near the Schiphol Plaza.

Any given booking engine (like Expedia) lists tens of hotels around AMS.

You can also use www.schipholspotter.com (which is run by an A.netter) then go to "hotels".
-HT
Carpe diem ! Life is too short to waste your time ! Keep in mind, that today is the first day of the rest of your life !

PlymSpotter

Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:16 pm

Quoting TPAnx (Reply 3):
Stayed at one coming home from Russia..restaurant (expensive) upstairs..pub downstairs with good food,,cold beer..
Room was good...can't comment on the cost..it was part of a tour..
TPAnx

Is that by any chance the Novotel at Schipol? The bar sounds very familiar, I was amongst 7 people bumped of a KLM AMS-BHX flight a couple of years ago and spent the night making good use of the €250 compensation playing pool and sampling the local brews in it.  bigthumbsup 

Dan Smile
...love is just a camouflage for what resembles rage again...