Boeing12345
Topic Author

Continental Interview Question

Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:50 pm

Hey everyone,
Long time reader first time poster here and I'm wondering if anyone here can give me some advice. I have an interview coming up with Continental for a maintenance position, and I'm wondering what to expect. Do they do any written mechanical aptitude testing? What kind of questions should I expect? Any help or comments is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Type-Rated

RE: Continental Interview Question

Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:22 pm

With most companies well prepare yourself with the question "Why do you want to come to work for us? (Continental)

Try to use the phrase "I don't know" as LITTLE as possible. Good alternatives are "I'm not familiar with that term" or "I'm not familiar with that but I know where to find the answer".

Keep direct eye contact with the interviewer, don't scan your eyes around the room while talking/listening no matter how many nice models/artwork/diagrams that are aviation related may be in room.

And remember, one can never over promote themselves during a job interview.
Fly North Central Airlines..The route of the Northliners!

MX757

Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:29 pm

Welcome to A net!  highfive 

I work for CO maintenance in MCO.

No there is no written test that I am aware of. You interview with two maintenance management people and they basically ask you questions about your experience, your back ground, and a host of other questions. My advise: when asked a direct question give a direct answer, don't beat around the bush. Be honest and be yourself. I hope you were planning on wearing a suit and tie! If you have any other questions feel to Email me.

GOOD LUCK!!! bigthumbsup 

Where is your interview?
Is it broke...? Yeah I'll fix it.

Boeing12345
Topic Author

Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:15 pm

Thanks for the info.
I do plan on wearing my suit and tie and I have done my research on the company. I have worked at a regional carrier for almost 4 years and this is my first mainline interview. Just trying to gather as much info in order to be as prepared as I possibly can.

To MX757....ORD.

Thanks