Topic Author

Becoming An Air Canada Flight Attendant

Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:59 am

Dear All,
I was wondering what AC's policies are regarding FA hiring. I will soon be a Canadian Permanent Resident. i also speak Hindi and am planning to start learning French shortly. can anyone please guide me through their hiring process. Also would it help if one's already working within the company (AC).
Please help!
Best Wishes,

EMBQA

RE: Becoming An Air Canada Flight Attendant

Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:20 am

Did you even try the Air Canada web site.........??
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog"

flyingsikh

Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:14 pm

From my understanding you do need english and french as a language.....as for hindi....Air Canada discontinued its services to India
Today gives us a chance to love, to work, to play, and to look up at the stars.

Qb001

Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:06 pm

Although it is probably an asset, you don't necessarily need to speak french to be hired at AC. The number of times, on flights to and from YUL, that I haven't been able to be served in french...
Never let the facts get in the way of a good theory.

FLYACYYZ

Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:50 pm

Check out Air Canada's website and click on career opportunities. Apparently they are hiring for 350 permanent flight attendant positions, and normally have hiring blitzes to be held at hotels in major Canadian cities. In addtiion to being a Canadian resident who speaks English, you need french or one applicable route language. Considering that AC no longer flies to India, I don't believe Hindi or Punjabi would be a current requirement. Current list would be:
Spanish/Italian/Portugese/German/Hebrew/Arabic/Korean/Mandarin/Cantonese/Japanese,

Good luck!
Above and Beyond

hmmmm...

Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:11 pm

Sure would be nice to see a female flight attendant. I guess they have gone the way of the do-do bird. It's all nancy boys now.
An optimist robs himself of the joy of being pleasantly surprised

FLYACYYZ

Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:34 pm

Quoting Hmmmm... (Reply 5):
Sure would be nice to see a female flight attendant. I guess they have gone the way of the do-do bird. It's all nancy boys now.

Female flight attendants still vastly outnumber male flight attendants in spite of your ignorant comments. I can see where it would be much more pleasurable having a female f/a sell you a can of $2.00 pringles versus a male.

Hmmmmmm  Yeah sure
Above and Beyond

longhauler

Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:52 pm

Quoting FLYACYYZ (Reply 6):
I can see where it would be much more pleasurable having a female f/a sell you a can of $2.00 pringles versus a male.

Or a female Flight Attendant haul your sorry ass out of a burning aircraft instead of a mail Flight Attendant.
 Confused
Just because I stopped arguing, doesn't mean I think you are right. It just means I gave up!

pnwtraveler

Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:50 pm

Oh btw I heard that Hooters is starting a branch service called Rednecks Air. The skimpy F/A outfits will be in camo or red plaid. Instad of overhead bins there will be gun racks. Inflight entertainment will be limited to and labeled Extremely Politically Incorrect Vision. Certain posters will be glad to hear that I am sure and will feel right at home.

Seriously, while no longer a destination, Hindi is still an asset since a large number of connecting passengers go via AC to LHR or FRA. There always has to be a French speaking FA on every flight. So even on CRJ flights to US destinations the FA has to speak french. So it certainly helps.

[Edited 2007-11-05 07:52:09]

ZBBYLW

Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:18 am

Quoting Pnwtraveler (Reply 8):
There always has to be a French speaking FA on every flight. So even on CRJ flights to US destinations the FA has to speak french. So it certainly helps.

Wrong, AC requires a French and English f/a on every flight, however it is not a requirement for QK. I think they get by this by having the automated announcement (correct me if I am wrong).

As for the topic at hand. Hindi would certainly help. French would be another great asset. Anyways good luck!
Keep the shinny side up!