BMED
Topic Author

Wanting A More Interesting Route

Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:19 pm

I guys. I'm flying home in feb for the week and normally I fly bmi from EDI to LHR as I live on the Isle of Wight. I don't use southampton as on both my flybe flights to/from SOU i've had problems and like the spotting at LHR as well. I was looking for a different way of getting from EDI - LHR maybe via another airport and got EDI-MAN-LHR and the same on the return. I was wondering if anyone else had any thoughts on a route I could take??

Sorry, the dates are the 3rd returning on the 8th.

[Edited 2007-11-08 05:20:40]
Living the jetset life! No better way to be

HT

RE: Wanting A More Interesting Route

Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:35 pm

Quoting BMED (Thread starter):
I was wondering if anyone else had any thoughts on a route I could take??

Flights via DUB or AMS could be an option and the detour wouldn't be too big ...
Carpe diem ! Life is too short to waste your time ! Keep in mind, that today is the first day of the rest of your life !

RyanairGuru

Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:43 pm

MAN's a good option: biggish airport, fly BD JER-LHR-MAN-EDI, no need to change terminals (Terminal 3 @ MAN for BD)

Try to be at MAN between 12 and 3pm: at this time only Runway 1 (can't remember the numbers) is open, meaning that is the wind behaves itself the aircraft taxiing out for departure taxi straight in front of you on their long trek down to the end of the runway, and then rotate almost directly in front of you if you choose the right place: T3 is best thought of as an "L": with domestic on the hort part and international on the longer bit. The taxiways run parallel to the international part, but dont worry, there is a common departure area, and their is no one to stop walking between one bit and the next, believe me Ive done it.
Worked Hard, Flew Right

highpeaklad

Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:41 am

Try using www.aa.com when booking UK domestic flights. Select oneworld airlines. It often throws up flights via the continent . MAN-LHR even came up as MAN-LHR-GLA-LHR once!
Try using the multiple leg function if it doesn't throw anything interesting out. Its often cheaper than BA and will let you book shorter connecting times than BA.

Chris
Don't try to keep up with the Joneses - bring them down to your level !

AirEcosse

Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:40 pm

Hello,

You could also go EDI-INV-LHR with BA/BD or EDI-ORK-LHR with RE/EI outbound and back LHR-BHD-EDI with BD/BE.

Best wishes

AirEcosse.