usair320

Airline With The Most Diverse F/A's Or Pilots(USA)

Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:12 pm

So you see the question........

I believe Expressjet under CO express has to be up there. Out of 8 flights with them I've had 1 African American, 1 french women(nicest F/A ever) and one Polish guy. They were all IAH crew while the rest were just your plain old American F/A including 1 from IAH, 1 from EWR and 3 from CLE.

falstaff

RE: Airline With The Most Diverse F/A's Or Pilots(

Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:22 pm

I don't know if we really can figure this out without looking at a company's profile of employees. For example. The last flight I was on had had three white men as FAs. The previous flight had two black men and a white woman. I have been on flights with all Asian women (in the USA) and all white women, but some were not American born. At least on NW the workforce is rather diverse.
My mug slaketh over on Falstaff N503

LAXspotter

Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:17 am

Quoting Falstaff (Reply 1):
At least on NW the workforce is rather diverse.

I'm guessing whichever airline is the most international. One a similar note African Americans make about 12% of the US's population but less than 1% of the Pilots according to the Organization of Black Pilots. As far as FA's go I'm not exactly sure. I have a feeling that Delta has a higher percentage of Black Pilots, but that is mere speculation.
"Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel" Samuel Johnson

AlexPorter

Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:29 am

CO F/As out of EWR, especially mainline, have a cacophony of ethnicities and accents. Sometimes it is hard to understand some of the EWR crews, and English is my first language.

I wonder about MIA crews for AA though... no experience there but that could be a candidate. Also any LAX crews have that potential simply because L.A. is just so multi-ethnic.
Last Flight: SCX701 MSP-PHX B738 8Jan2008

Faustino927

Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:09 pm

Pan Am, since we flew all over the world, had very diverse F/A's. In my 12 years working with Pan Am I got to meet many F/A's from many countries that were employed by the company. After Pan Am closed I wanted to work for KLM but to be a F/A for KLM you have to speak Dutch and I don't.
Obsessed is just a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated.