WesternDC1010
Topic Author

AA Admiral Club One Day Pass

Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:23 am

I'm traveling during the holidays and I'm flying AA. I was thinking about purchasing an Admirals Club One Day Pass and was wondering if it is worth it. I'm travelling from LAX to PNS connecting in DFW.

Can anyone tell me their experience with the Admirals Club Lounges and Privileges?

Is it worth the $50?

[r][o][n]
Western DC-10-10
Western Airlines - The Only Way To Fly

rleiro

RE: AA Admiral Club One Day Pass

Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:50 pm

Hi There:

If your layover is for over 5 or so hours, I'd say it is OK to spend the $50 and give it a try. However, if you're going to DFW, AA has its museum and gift shop there, so I believe it's way better to visit it and save your $50... or spend them at the gift shop.  Smile

Looking forward to read your trip report, and have a nice flight.

Saludos,

Roberto.
A proud SVZM Spotter!

DALelite

Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:07 am

Do they charge for booze in the Admiral Clubs?

cheers : DALelite
They loved to fly and it showed..

jetstar

Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:55 pm

Yes they charge for all alcohol, soft drinks, coffee and juices are free. They also sell sandwiches at a reasonable price.

jetstar

Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:11 pm

Also I might add if you want to do some spotting, the clubs in both A and C terminals in DFW have no views, they are on the street side and all you can see is the parking garages. The club in the new D terminal is awesome, the club faces the ramp and you can see all the action going on. If you want to spend some nice quiet time between flights or to use a computer to get on the internet, then the club would be worth it.

Also the pass is good all day so you can use in LAX as well as DFW, the club there has awesome views of the ramp, especially when Qantas has their 747’s at the gate, you are actually looking down on them from the club and also have a great view of one side of the international terminal ramp. The club in LAX tends to be a little crowded at times while the clubs at DFW usually are not as crowded.

On a trip through DFW a few months ago we had some extra time to kill between connecting flights, so I left my wife in the club and rode the new Sky Train around the airport, you get a great view of the all the airport gates if you ride the outside loop and it is inside security.

DALelite

Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:43 pm

Quoting Jetstar (Reply 3):
es they charge for all alcohol, soft drinks, coffee and juices are free. They also sell sandwiches at a reasonable price.

so why paying $ 50.- just to get a coke or a sprite. Delta only charges $ 25.- for a Daypass at their Crown Room and
alcoholic beverages are all included.

cheers: DALelite
They loved to fly and it showed..

aa87

Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:12 am

One mention - my dad has an Amex plantinum card, annual fee is about $300 but it includes at least 2 more free cards, and for each card includes unlimited access for same day ticketed flights on AA, DL, CO and one other carrier I forgot. Since I found out and got the free card (which I only use for access), I've used it to get into clubs about 6 times in 2 months. Just a thought ...

Slovacek747

Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:18 am

I've personally used the American Airlines lounge twice at LAX. I thought it was great, but then again I really wanted to take a shower and was the main reason for me getting it.

flymia

Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:21 am

Quoting AA87 (Reply 6):
One mention - my dad has an Amex plantinum card, annual fee is about $300 but it includes at least 2 more free cards, and for each card includes unlimited access for same day ticketed flights on AA, DL, CO and one other carrier I forgot. Since I found out and got the free card (which I only use for access), I've used it to get into clubs about 6 times in 2 months. Just a thought ...

Same situation with me. My father has Amex platinum and there is no fee for the extra card so since I fly about once a month between MIA and DCA with AA he got me one to use in the Admirals club. I can even take one guest too. Its nice to have.
Anyway I would not spend $50 unless it was more like a 4 hours of more layover. The club in LAX is nice and has good views I dont know how it is in DFW though. But $50 is alot for the club its nothing to amazing most of the time I just spend 30-45minutes there just sitting and have myself a free drink. I rather spend my time walking the terminals and looking around.
"It was just four of us on the flight deck, trying to do our job" (Captain Al Haynes)