swiftski

Flying Cheaply - LON To BHX

Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:19 pm

A bizarre request, for sure, however I'm still interested.

I'm in Birmingham for the Man Utd vs Aston Villa on 5th Jan. I have a First Class Virgin Trains ticket booked for 5th am to 6th pm.

I now realise I have the 4th off work as well, which gives me a day to play with. I'm wondering the cheapest way to fly either one way, or return LON-BHX, to make the trip a little more interesting. At ±100 miles I don't know of anyone that flies direct.

In light of my extra travel day I would gladly forgo / change my train ticket for another day.

Cheers,

Swiftski

hotelmode

RE: Flying Cheaply - LON To BHX

Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:24 pm

Nobody flies LON-BHX its just not far enough, barely over an hour by train. If you want to go indirect, theres plenty choice EDI/GLA and CDG flights all pretty frequent from BHX. Maybe try LCY-EDI-BHX if you fancy trying a different airport. BA from LCY and flybe from Edinburgh.

shuggie

Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:00 pm

Quoting Hotelmode (Reply 1):
Maybe try LCY-EDI-BHX if you fancy trying a different airport. BA from LCY and flybe from Edinburgh.

I think that sounds like a good plan, EDI is a fairly nice, efficient airport (despite BAA's attempts to spoil it) and Edinburgh is a great city (where I have lived for 12 years, having grown up in Birmingham...). There are flights in to EDI from all of the LON airports with a choice of airlines (BA, BD, U2 etc) and a choice of BE or WW for your BHX flight. If Edinburgh is not your cup of tea then you could give Glasgow a shot, GLA offers a similar range of London and Birmingham flights  Smile

gilesdavies

Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:02 am

If you want to fly really cheaply, you should see if you can fly LTN/LGW/STN-DUB and DUB-BHX with Ryanair.