Avianca
Topic Author

How Is The Smile (Varig) Frequent Flyer Program?

Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:45 pm

Hi all,

as I have several flights with Varig booked I am thinkin to join the Smile program... has anybody some more information about it? specially do they have already any cooperations with other airlines? well on the varig side I can not find much information...

thanks and regards
Colombia es el Mundo Y el Mundo es Colombia

LipeGIG

RE: How Is The Smile (Varig) Frequent Flyer Progra

Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:18 pm

At this time, there is no agreements with other airlines and their network it's still reduced.

And considering they will not offer Business Class on South America flights, become not so interesting to make it as the Preferred Program.

Felipe
New York + Rio de Janeiro = One of the best combinations !

Avianca
Topic Author

Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:34 pm

Quoting LipeGIG (Reply 1):
At this time, there is no agreements with other airlines and their network it's still reduced.

And considering they will not offer Business Class on South America flights, become not so interesting to make it as the Preferred Program.

Hi Felipe,

indeed sounds not very good... anyway I will join as I have a CCS-GRU-CCS and CCS-GRU-EZE-GRU-CCS flights booked with them... maybe I will go again this year down to GRU using them and with this 3 flights I think I will have already 1 free intra southamerica flight.

cheers
Andreas
Colombia es el Mundo Y el Mundo es Colombia

LipeGIG

Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:38 am

Quoting Avianca (Reply 2):
indeed sounds not very good... anyway I will join as I have a CCS-GRU-CCS and CCS-GRU-EZE-GRU-CCS flights booked with them... maybe I will go again this year down to GRU using them and with this 3 flights I think I will have already 1 free intra southamerica flight.

In this case the program works fine. It's a shame RG now is outside any partnership  Sad

Nice trips to you and don't forget to write a Trip Report !
New York + Rio de Janeiro = One of the best combinations !