atlaaron

Is TrAAvelperks Worth It?

Sun Dec 23, 2007 5:22 pm

I had recently posted a thread about the discontinuance of UA's Ameniti program so that got me looking at AA's similar (although less attractive to me ) TrAAvelperks program.

Has anyone used it or purchased it and found it to be a good/bad value? My wife and I are looking at taking another trip to Hawaii and thought maybe the discount might be worth it. You can currently join for $129 and I believe you get $200 off a rountrip ticket when flying with a guest.

Any feedback appreciated.

LAXintl

RE: Is TrAAvelperks Worth It?

Sun Dec 23, 2007 5:38 pm

Your $200 discount is really $100 off two qualifying fare(read--other discounts might be better value) over $200, and forget the Hawaii trip as the program is only valid for the 48 contiguous United States, Alaska, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands and Canada, unless you happen to be a Hawaii resident which then you could use the program for Hawaii travel.

Overall yes, you do get a discount however have to play AA's game and put up with their restrictions so I say read the full terms and conditions, which includes embargo periods, no mileage earning for the 2nd passenger and on and on...

here are the T&Cs
https://traavelperks.com/static/html/offerTerms.html
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

DFW13L

RE: Is TrAAvelperks Worth It?

Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:30 pm

It's not bad. You can save $400 total off two pair of roundtrip tickets. However, make sure you know that you will not earn any miles for the trips purchased with that discount. Just an FYI there. It also comes with a pass into the Admiral's Club, and I enjoyed mine. I used it for the DFW Terminal D Admiral's Club, which is gorgeous. It's a one time use pass, not a day pass.

There are other discounts and benefits, some of which I have used and some which I have not. Overall it's not that much money. I bought two roundtrip tickets IND-GGG with the discount for $109 each!! So it's worth it.
See, I knew American Eagle was first class all along!