scuddy123

New BA Club World Vs AA First Class

Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:38 pm

Hello Folks,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I was hoping to get some advice from the veterans on this forum.

My company's travel policy to LHR from JFK is either Business Class on BA or First Class on AA. I know that the rollout of BA's new Club World is almost complete on this route but my question is this. What would you guys recommend? I am leaning towards BA since AA's first class product appears quite dated. I haven't travelled on either one so was hoping to get some firsthand advice here.

Thanks.

Stitch

RE: New BA Club World Vs AA First Class

Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:22 pm

Haven't flown either (I'm a Star Alliance Guy), but I hear many good things about AA's Flagship Suites. BA might have the edge in catering and service, but being in First does have advantages groundside.

Could you do both? I'd fly AA on the night trip (likely better sleep in the suite) and BA back during the day when you can more enjoy the service.

Otherwise, I'd do AA First, but that is because I prefer First over Business for the reasons I outlined in J Class VS F Class (international) (by Ozvirginuk Dec 28 2007 in Aviation Polls & Prefs)

Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:34 am

F over J any day! I don't see why you would even consider othwerwise. While I never have flown J on BA, I have talked to some people who have flown J in BA and F in AA (told me that BA did not live up to his expectations and AA Flagship suites were great and comfy). I have heard nothing but great things about international Flagship suites on AA.

But, if you could try both, you could make up your own mind!

ag92

Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:55 am

In your case F would be the way to go I think

Quoting 44k (Reply 2):
F over J any day!

AI F or SQ J
What would u choose