kevink

Best Way From SFO To NAS?

Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:15 am

Hello! My name is Kevin! I'm 20 years old and have been a long time reader of the site, but this is my first time posting. Anyway I'm planning a trip to Nassau in March for Spring break and was wondering what the best, easiest, and most direct route is? I've been doing searches and every airline route I can find seems to be a total nightmare. I live in San Francisco and would be departing with my friends from SFO.

Thanks for your help!
Kevin

BigGSFO

Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:34 am

Hey Kevin. Welcome to Anet.

The easiest (and most direct) would be SFO-MIA-NAS on AA or SFO-ATL-NAS on DL. Not sure if they would be cheapest, but they are the most direct.

GARUDAROD

Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:34 am

SFO-FLL-NAS would probably be the easiest and most cost effective. There are a number
of LCC that fly to FLL and they're flights about every 20minutes from FLL to NAS on
American Eagle, Contintental Connection or Bahamas Air. Its a great place to stay.
While in NAS, make sure you visit the National palace for the guard change and
if you want to really go upscale visit the Atlantis resort, Very nice indeed.
Cargo doesn't whine, moan, or complain

Bicoastal

RE: Best Way From SFO To NAS?

Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:56 am

If you live in SFO, you may well be or become a UA/Star Alliance frequent flyer. US Airways...SFO-PHL-NAS or SFO-CLT-NAS are both options if you want to stick with Star Alliance. Or...SFO-DEN-FLL-NAS on UA, but the last leg is Continental Express.
Airliners.net has many forums. It has spell check and search functions. Use them before posting!

flymia

RE: Best Way From SFO To NAS?

Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:11 am

Well if you are star alliance I guess US SFO-PHL/CLT-NAS would be the best option. But the quickes and easiet way would be SFO-MIA-NAS with AA, one airline really not a hard connection at all. You could even take a red eye over if you want, and dont worry about long lines in customs or waiting for bags at MIA since Nassau has pre-clearance for all flights to the US. So it just like a domestic connection. MIA is not hard to connect to at all for domestic flights and NAS is treated like a domestic flight. Unless you want to fly B6 and than switch to another airline FLL is really not an easy place to go to since no other airline flys to the bay area non-stop to FLL.
Best bet SFO-MIA-NAS but check your prices with DL SFO-ATL-NAS and US SFO-PHL/CLT-NAS.
Enjoy Nassau it is a great place.
"It was just four of us on the flight deck, trying to do our job" (Captain Al Haynes)