wunala

Hong Kong - Which Lounge?

Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:34 pm

I have never been to HKG but will be travelling through in March.

I am arriving on BA and leaving on QF. I thought I would be using the CX lounge, but when looked into it I saw that there is a choice of The Pier, The Wing, and a joint BA/QF lounge.

Does anyone have any experience of these lounges. I will be travelling in First, so access to any lounge is not a problem.

Thanks in advance.

a380us

RE: Hong Kong - Which Lounge?

Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:25 pm

Quoting Wunala (Thread starter):
I am arriving on BA and leaving on QF. I thought I would be using the CX lounge, but when looked into it I saw that there is a choice of The Pier, The Wing, and a joint BA/QF lounge.

well have been to both the pier and the wing but cant seem to remember which was which
i have to say both were very nice
but one was much better it was so open and just seemed like you had so much room
www.JandACosmetics.com

wilco737

Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:27 pm

Why not using all 3 of them?! Just visiting all three just for a shorter period and the one you like most, stay there Big grin

WILCO737 (MD11F)
 airplane 

wunala

Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:58 am

thanks. I only have 2 hours, so I need to maximize time and experience.

NG1Fan

Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:45 am

Definitely the Wing 1st Class Lounge. Awesome! Silver Service all-day dining preferable to any airline food, even in 1st Class. The shower facilities are also excellent, though ask for the shower suites on the left - they are much larger, incl. mini bar and day bed.

Also great downstairs in the J lounge is the arcade games room.

I prefer the Wing myself, though if my departing flight is down the far end of the airport, I normally head to the Pier. A bit gloomy compared to the open-plan Pier.

I haven't experienced the QF/BA Lounge.

NG1Fan

FlyboyOz

Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:40 am

I think you should visit CX lounge room...it has lots of authestic chinese food if you really love it. Also, i heard that it has a chef to cook fresh noodle and dumpling for you. I could be wrong or it was long time ago.
The Spirit of AustraliAN - Longreach