gffgold

World's Least Punctual Fight?

Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:51 am

Does anyone know which flight (or route, even) claims the accolade 'the world's least punctual'?

Obviously this will change month by month, but lets say within the last three months.

I'm going to propose EK flight 20 MAN to DXB.

HAL

RE: World's Least Punctual Fight?

Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:26 am

In the US, according to our Department of Transportation, the least punctual flight in the 3rd quarter of 2007 was Delta 1667, JFK-MCO, which missed being on time 94.12% of the time. The average delay for that flight (of flights that were delayed) was just over 95 minutes. During the quarter it was late 48 out of 51 departures. The DOT considers any flight arriving more than 15 minutes after its scheduled time to be late.

During that quarter there were 77 individual flights that were late more than 75% of the time. 28 of the 80 were operated by Atlantic Southeast Airlines, a commuter arm of Delta Airlines, and almost all those were into or out of ATL. Delta also had 12 of the top 80 flights, again because of operating out of ATL.

http://www.bts.gov/programs/airline_..._delayed_flights/html/2007_q3.html

HAL
One smooth landing is skill. Two in a row is luck. Three in a row and someone is lying.

nzrich

Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:23 am

Well it would be hard to beat that DL flight .. To beat it we will have to find a flight that is basically never on time !!!
"Pride of the pacific"

gffgold

Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:39 am

Quoting HAL (Reply 1):
The average delay for that flight (of flights that were delayed) was just over 95 minutes

Jeez! That will take some beating.

Leskova

Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:26 pm

Quoting Nzrich (Reply 2):
Well it would be hard to beat that DL flight .. To beat it we will have to find a flight that is basically never on time !!!

Considering my flights last year, I'd think that just about anything going in or out of ZRH has a chance of beating that...  Wink ... while the delays wouldn't turn into an average(!!! - I'd be interested to know what the min and max numbers were for that, if they get an average of 95 minutes!), I think I didn't have a single departure out of ZRH that wasn't at least around 20-30 minutes delayed...

But I guess the DL flight is still worse than that.
Smile - it confuses people!

LipeGIG

Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:03 am

Another strong candidate: JJ JFK-GRU, i never noticed a departure on time since they introduced the daylight.
New York + Rio de Janeiro = One of the best combinations !

staralliance38

Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:51 pm

Quoting HAL (Reply 1):
In the US, according to our Department of Transportation, the least punctual flight in the 3rd quarter of 2007 was Delta 1667, JFK-MCO, which missed being on time 94.12% of the time. The average delay for that flight (of flights that were delayed) was just over 95 minutes. During the quarter it was late 48 out of 51 departures. The DOT considers any flight arriving more than 15 minutes after its scheduled time to be late.

During that quarter there were 77 individual flights that were late more than 75% of the time. 28 of the 80 were operated by Atlantic Southeast Airlines, a commuter arm of Delta Airlines, and almost all those were into or out of ATL. Delta also had 12 of the top 80 flights, again because of operating out of ATL.

Why am I not surprised  Smile. I never did like DL because they cram like all of their flights into ATL causing delays. They also overuse their planes. I connected through ATL with a 5hr layover. When I got 2 MCO, my bags weren't there yet. It's lucky that DL has a mini-hub in MCO for more flights from ATL. My bags were on that flight.
Roar, lion, roar