EHCPH
Topic Author

What Is Delta Really Like, Longhaul

Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:44 am

Hi there,

I will be flying Delta from Copenhagen to Atlanta in February. Delta is using a B763 on the route, 30J 186Y.

Can anyone tell me about the product, what can I expect, what the Y-product like etc.

Many thanks,
EHCPH

ushermittwoch

RE: What Is Delta Really Like, Longhaul

Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:15 pm

Well I did six TATLs in the last six months with them. Product is pretty okay. You get one ree alcoholic beverage with your meal, which usually is pretty good. The F/As are friendly and the seats are resonably comfortable. Of course you do not get a PTV...
Where have all the tri-jets gone...

MEA-707

Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:49 pm

Delta actually upgraded their service with the already mentioned free alcoholic drink, and even on fairly short TATL flights they do a midflight snack (icecream or chips) and some drink rounds. All in all this makes them above US Airways and American. The PTVs should be added in the next few years. The 2+3+2 seat arrangement of the 767 is also nice compared to the bigger aircraft of some competitors.
nobody has ever died from hard work, but why take the risk?

Anetter123

Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:25 am

I shouldn't be posting my experience with them since the transatlantic flight I took with them was 6 years ago, but I took a DL 767 from MXP-ATL and thought the flight was quite uncomfortable compared to other airlines that fly transatlantic.

The 767 I flew in did not have a PTV nor ANY kind of headrests on those ancient coach seats. To me, a headrest is far more necessary then a PTV, especially for those who want to get "any" kind of comfortable rest while sitting down for 10 + hours...lol.

The inflight service I do have to say was quite pleasant. I enjoy DL the most amongst US carriers for their inflight service. The food was good also and we did receive free alcoholic beverages. Again, this was 6 years ago - before and now after bankruptcy...lol.

My main reason for posting is to see if my experience has changed in anyway or if DL "finally" did something to upgrade those coach seats. Any PTV's or headrests?

DALelite

Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:04 pm

And you guys did forget that FA's are distributing amenty kits in economy class.
Try, the DL signigture drink.

cheers: DALelite
They loved to fly and it showed..

NWASkyking

Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:41 pm

i flew from FCO-ATL on a DL 767-4, and i really didnt like the service compared to the NW A330 from MSP-AMS. also on the delta flight, the fa bumped into the same seat 3-4 times!!! it was pretty funny. I love DL, but i wont ever forget that experience. on the other hand, NW flight from MSP-AMS was amazing!!! the business class is perfect, and the food could easily be compared to as a very nice restaurant.
Safe