kochamLOT

The Best Corporate Jet

Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:39 am

What is the best corporate jet; what jet would you want to arrive in/own - if cost was no object?
Personally, the Gulfstream G550 is unbeatable. Its got to be the sexiest plane in the world and the performance is insane. The looks alone make it the best 'high-roller' jet out there. The new Falcon is appealing b/c it has 3 engines and has the extra long range with a wider cabin but id still pick the G550 over that, the BBJ, ACJ and Embraer Corporate Jets? How bout everyone else?

Devilfish

RE: The Best Corporate Jet

Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:59 am

Quoting KochamLOT (Thread starter):
What is the best corporate jet; what jet would you want to arrive in/own - if cost was no object?

Not necessarily the best or the most appealing, but the one I like.....

http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=1230162&size=L

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Vasco Garcia (VDG-Images)
View Large View Medium

Photo © Konstantin von Wedelstaedt

View Large View Medium

Photo © Sergey Riabsev - Russian AviaPhoto Team
View Large View Medium

Photo © Sergey Riabsev - Russian AviaPhoto Team

"Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Garfield

2H4

Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:19 am

Quoting KochamLOT (Thread starter):

It is, of course, impossible to determine the "best" corporate jet without first defining performance and operating requirements.

That said, the cool factor of the Lockheed Jetstar easily exceeds that of any other corporate jet:

View Large View Medium

Photo © Hidemi Bustamante Prudente - Aerolmagenes de Mexico
View Large View Medium

Photo © Ralph Duenas - Jetwash Images

yes 

2H4
Intentionally Left Blank

mycrj17

Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:04 am

Quoting 2H4 (Reply 2):
the cool factor of the Lockheed Jetstar easily exceeds that of any other corporate jet:

I don't know about A Lockhead DEATHSTAR, but I would be ok with a Falcon 900 or a 2000, I dont need a plane to big, but if I had to choose, I would have to go all out and get a 747-400 if they made a 47 BBJ.... And all A.neters would be invited....

Matthew(KMDW)
GO CUBS GO!!!!!

ACDC8

Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:23 am

Based on looks, the Citation X is a winner. But based on "bang for buck" performance, the Citation CJ1 or CJ2 can't be beat. Decent range, good speed and are single pilot certified. Also, the CJ1 is the only jet I've flown myself.
A Grumpy German Is A Sauerkraut

tb727

Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:08 am

Anything Dassault. Well maybe except the 10 maybe, I don't know, it's has too much "Lear" in it but it is really fast. Exceptional handling and comfort for the pilots and they are built like tanks. The 7X looks like an incredible aircraft, the only thing I don't like about it is they took the steering tiller out and you use rudder pedals to steer. The 50 has been in production forever, the 900 and 2000 series are very roomy with good range. The 3 engine models are the way to go if you cross the water.

Personally I really like the Falcon 20 for obvious reasons to me as far as operational redundancy and great looks, but it does lack in climb power with anti-ice on. We do have a saying, best done in your best Robin Leach voice, but "what the Falcon 20 lacks in climb power, it makes up in the speedy decent and superior flight deck comfort." I am not however looking forward to the beating I am going to be getting the next couple days in the sim in DFW in it. Fun stuff!

I have flown the early Learjet models up through the 36, and they may look super sexy, but they are nothing more than the fastest homebuilt experimental there is, especially the 20 series. They just weren't the greatest designed systems-wise nor comfort-wise, but they did start it all for the Corporate flight world with the Lear 23. And they are wicked loud

[Edited 2008-02-04 19:11:36]

[Edited 2008-02-04 19:12:29]
Too lazy to work, too scared to steal!

fxramper

Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:15 pm

Quoting Tb727 (Reply 5):
Anything Dassault

checkmark 

bingo

Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:29 am