plairbus

Who Has The Best Business Class: AA,CO,DL,US,UA,NW

Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:54 am

In your opinion whos has the best Business Class from the big US airlines for International routes and domestic routes?

Elite

RE: Who Has The Best Business Class: AA,CO,DL,US,U

Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:40 am

I've only been on CO, but from what I've read on A.net, I think CO is the best.

Ansett767

Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:35 am

I have only taken UA business class domestically and internationally. There is no way UA could be rated the best internationally - or if people rate it the best then I feel sorry for those flying on the other carriers!  Smile

Their product is currently being updated but flying the old product was cramped - especially on a 14 hour flight with F/A's in their 70s who obviously didn't want to be there!

hoppe777

Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:09 am

Quoting Ansett767 (Reply 2):
I have only taken UA business class domestically and internationally. There is no way UA could be rated the best internationally - or if people rate it the best then I feel sorry for those flying on the other carriers! Smile

Their product is currently being updated but flying the old product was cramped - especially on a 14 hour flight with F/A's in their 70s who obviously didn't want to be there!

hahaha brilliant ! couldnt have been said any better !
Sometime in easter 10 .... yet to book :)

Transpac787

Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:50 pm

Quoting Elite (Reply 1):
I've only been on CO, but from what I've read on A.net, I think CO is the best.

Maybe the cabin service, but definitely not the seats. Their current ones aren't even slanted lie-flat.

I have only taken UA business class domestically and internationally. There is no way UA could be rated the best internationally - or if people rate it the best then I feel sorry for those flying on the other carriers!

Quite right, their current seats are pretty poor. Like you said though, they are getting the much-needed update.

Even at 55in pitch, how do you consider it "cramped"??

If you were on a 14 hour flight, I'll assume you were either going to SYD or China, both of which would be the two most senior routes at UA. Since at US airlines everything is done on a seniority basis, what else would you expect??

Quoting Plairbus (Thread starter):
In your opinion whos has the best Business Class from the big US airlines for International routes and domestic routes?

I've been on business class on NW, AA, and UA. They all have their respective advantages and drawbacks, as with most everything else in life. As far as entertainment goes, NW is easily the best. As for food - both quantity and quality - AA leads the pack. As far as seats goes, NW and AA are both excellent, it just comes down to a matter of personal preference.

mauiman31

Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:36 pm

My only current personal reference is AA. I am a fan. I liked their old Biz and I think their NG Biz Class on the 67's is great, although it has gotten mixed reviews here. I do hear from friends and colleagues that the new NW and CO are also very good experiences.

DALelite

Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:23 pm

Best personell and over all service: Delta Air Lines

cheers: DALelite
They loved to fly and it showed..

OA260

Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:07 pm

UA has the best J class product IMHO. Always have great flights and good service. Thats for Trans Atlantic flights.

KPWM

Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:18 pm

I think UA and DL are both very good. I can't really pick one over the other. I've had great experiences in both.

planecrazy2

Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:32 pm

UA has the best C class out of those choices if you get on one of the new refurbished aircraft. Domestically I would argue UA also has the best C class service with 3 cabin widebodies and their p.s. flights.
United Airlines - Worldwide Service

burnsie28

Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:08 am

I have flown both DL and NW, and I found NW's seats and food better.

Erhard

Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:09 am

I have flown business class on Thai, Singapore (old style), QANTAS, LAUDA, United (old style), BA (old style), Malaysia, Philippine Airlines, Lufthansa, Alitalia and a few more I can't think of right now, I found that the Asian carriers in general have better seats and service. Having said that though, western carriers are quickly catching up.
Although not part of this topic, have to say worse business class was on Phlippine Airlines.

ualcsr

Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:15 am

F/A's in their 70s who obviously didn't want to be there!

You'll find tired, granny-like 70 year old flight attendants on every US airline.

I'm obviously biased here and I haven't tried the new UA product, but from what I've read and seen, the new UA C class will blow every other US airline out of the water. I did fly the new AA C product and did not like it (although I am an AA fan). I thought the seats were narrow-ish and the way they dip very low was, I thought, uncomfortable.

a380us

Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:55 am

AA's new international business wins.
www.JandACosmetics.com

PHXmd80

Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:58 am

UA's new business class combined with CO's service would get my vote as the best in the world. CO: let's keep UA's new cabins after the merger.

PHXmd80

Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:23 am

I am a little biased, but I love the AA next gen biz seats. I have never had anything but great service and food on all my AA Business flights.